Herbs and rx meds

LJ Friedman

Jesse has bern on fenugreek 2 tbs twice a day for some time. Never moved his labs in any way.  Now that invokana has normalized his labs, im thinking of not buying more fenugreek when i run out of it.  Thoughts?

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

LJ Friedman

Follow up
what about stopping these:
aakg
acetyl l carnitine
milk thistle

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Frances C.

I buy fenugreek seed from bulkfoods.com A 25 lb costs $43.95 so feeding 4 oz. a day would make it last 100 days. That's about 44 cents a day plus the cost of shipping. Its a good source of vitamins and minerals and is supposed to help reduce serum glucose because of its slimy nature when it is soaked.
--
- Frances C.
December 2017, Washington & California

I am feeding Fenugreek (1/2 tsp in each bucket feeding) just for flavoring. My horse is eating his minerals in a non-grain mix much better with the addition of Fenugreek. I've also read that Fenugreek seems to be high on the flavor scale according to a group of test horses.

What would be the reason for feeding 4 oz per day?
--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA

Mouse Case History, Photo Album

Deb Walker

The only flavor of Stabul 1 I buy is Fenugreek. Right now, Scotty's feedings of it are more or less a few hand feeds/day for meds, and a tiny bit (handful) at night. Every horse has their preference, but Scotty seems to like the Fenugreek flavor the best.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Joy V

Bonnie, where do you buy your fenugreek product from?  TIA

--
Joy and Willie
(aka FLS Boxcar Willie)

Nevada County, CA - 2019

I have an Amazon account and I buy the Fenugreek from there. Many choices available. I actually find a lot of my horse's food grade minerals there also.

I would still like to know why Frances C. would feed 4 oz of Fenugreek per day?

I cannot find any reason for feeding that amount of Fenugreek.