Thyroxine and swelling above the eyes and jaw #Thyro-L

Cindy

Hi Everyone!
I have had a horse that was diagnosed borderline insulin resistant 12 years ago. Needless to say she is insulin resistant.  My new vet had me try the thyroxine l for my mare who is already on teff <10% nsc, magnesium and gets her sources of biotin on her nsc pellets.  I never noticed a difference.... just wondering if anyone has seen significant improvement.
  On a lighter note she has swelling over her eye sockets as well as the glands under the jaw.  Does anyone know a treatment for this?  Any comments are welcome!

Cindy Northern California 2019

Sherry Morse