Volunteers Needed!, Wednesday, 28 December 2016 #cal-notice

main@ECIR.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Volunteers Needed!

When:
Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Where:
At your computer

Everything you learn from the ECIR outreach groups is the result of many hardworking people from all backgrounds who share the passion for our special horses. The ECIR group is made up of veterinarians, farriers, nutritionists, and medical doctors. There are those of us who do not have scientific backgrounds, but are everyday horse owners who found our way to ECIR when we didn’t know where to turn.

ECIR Group is over 9,000 international members on Groups.io outreach alone.  By collecting histories and laboratory data from thousands of horses with PPID and IR, we have been able to carefully monitor responses to treatment and management changes, both good and bad. This is real life, in-the-barn, research at its best. It is also the largest field trial in the world.  No one else has what the ECIR Group has.

There is much more to come. This work can not be done without the help of a growing group of passionate volunteers, many of whom you have never seen. We are all educators who make our world a better place by sharing the knowledge we gain from our experiences and our skill sets.

If you have the time and passion to give back to the ECIR Group,

we want to hear from you!

Please fill out the Volunteer Form

Time commitment will vary from ongoing projects and tasks to specific short-term needs.

Barbara Rosensteel

Sorry for sending this to the whole group but I was unsure of Jaini's email address.   I just wanted to let you know that I am not disregarding your appeal for volunteers.  Having been involved with dog rescue groups and the animal shelter, I know how difficult it is to find volunteers.     I do want to volunteer but must wait until I know whether or not I have a new job come January or February 2017 after many months of unemployment.   If I do, I will be busy moving many hundreds of miles away, starting a new job, and living with a new and different schedule.  So, I am reluctant at the moment to commit to even 1-5 hours a week for fear that I may not be able to honor that commitment.   As soon as my life gets on somewhat of an even keel with (I hope) a new job in a new location, I intend to volunteer to help the ECIR Group.

Thanks,

Barbara Rosensteel

Barbara, no worries! You already do heaps with your many donations, which are hugely appreciated. There are only so many hours in a day!
--

Jaini (BVSc),Merlin (over the bridge) ,Maggie,Gypsy

BC 09
ECIR mod/support

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jaini%20and%20Merlin-Maggie-Gypsy