treating laminitis correctly,

LJ Friedman

Makes sense that if a horse gets laminits for a second time, we learn some things we did wrong the first time..     I think I've learned:

  never ice a laminitic horse with endocirne problems   ( unless by some mircacle you are able to ice within the first hour of the start-up of the lamimnitis)  If not, it can be painful.

So, that will be  my rule .  But,  what to say to the trainer that thinks the icing helped, based on her observations with Jesse?
--
LJ Friedman San Diego Npv 2014

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/LJ%20and%20Jesse

Nancy C

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 02:56 pm, LJ Friedman wrote:
So, that will be  my rule .  But,  what to say to the trainer that thinks the icing helped, based on her observations with Jesse?
--

 He's my horse.
--

LJ Friedman

I'd love to show her a study that icing doesnt help...  I thought dr kellon posted a few... will look thru posts
--
LJ Friedman San Diego Npv 2014

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/LJ%20and%20Jesse

Lorna Cane

I'm guessing you've already shown them to her,LJ.

--

Lorna in Eastern Ontario, Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

LJ Friedman

I didnt find the studies.  I only showed her one of dr kellon's quotes.   are there studies on line?
--
LJ Friedman San Diego Npv 2014

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/LJ%20and%20Jesse

Lorna Cane

Find the last post of Dr. Kellon. Look at the bottom of the message,click on More, click on All Posts by this Member.

Then look for the Subject lines on the topic, and you will find various links, plus her own words wrt icing.

--

Lorna in Eastern Ontario, Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

Shannon

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 02:56 pm, LJ Friedman wrote:
never ice a laminitic horse with endocirne problems

I did not know this, but it makes sense in conjunction with cold weather worsening laminitis.
--
Shannon and Majik (IR) and Rafiq (PPID/IR, over the rainbow bridge)
Houston 2009

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Shannon%20and%20Majik%20and%20Rafiq

Majik's Photo Album

Rafiq's Photo Album

LeeAnne Bloye <ecir.archives@...>

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 06:29 pm, LJ Friedman wrote:
I'd love to show her a study that icing doesnt help...  I thought dr kellon posted a few... will look thru posts

 Hi LJ,

 Is this the file you are looking for?

Why NSAIDs & Icing Are Not Recommended .pdf
--

- ​LeeAnne, Newmarket, Ontario - Email me (If link doesn't work use ECIR.Archives at gmail dot com)
Dawn's 10 Year Case History

ECIR Archivist March,2004

Are you in the Pergolide Dosage Database?

View the Database Stats

LJ Friedman

yes   thank you,,, will send to trainer