Should I treat Dually for PPID?

Kim Leitch

When I had the vet out to do bloodwork on Grits, I decided to have two of my other horses tested. Eeyore had one minor symptom, foot soreness, and he tested positive and will be starting Prascend, but Dually is an enigma.

Dually has almost every possible symptom of PPID. Poor coat, late shedding, excessive drinking and peeing, poor top line, big gut, swollen sheath, and yet he tests negative. His case history is in the file. Should I go on and put him on Prascend as a test?

--
Kim 10-2014

Clover, SC

Grits IR, Eeyore PPID, Dually ???

Case History https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Grits%20-%20Eeyore%20-%20Dually

Photo album https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1314

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Your case history file won't open for me.

Kim Leitch

Lee Anne might have to help me here. When I click the link in my signature, I get to a file with all three case histories for my three ponies. When I click on Dually's his CH comes up. I'm not sure why it isn't working for others.
--
Kim 10-2014

Clover, SC

Grits IR, Eeyore PPID, Dually ???

Case History https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Grits%20-%20Eeyore%20-%20Dually

Photo album https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1314

LeeAnne Bloye <ecir.archives@...>

Dr. K, I get the same as Kim.  The link to her folder works.

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Grits%20-%20Eeyore%20-%20Dually

Try this link, it goes directly to Dually's case history.

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Grits%20-%20Eeyore%20-%20Dually/Dually/Dually%20Case%20History.doc

Let me know what you see if it doesn't open.

--

LeeAnne,
Newmarket, Ontario.

ECIR Archivist March, 2004
​

Lorna Cane

Edited

Just FYI  , I get gobbledy gook with both links.

Like this:

[1]Ä•ËjÃ0E÷…þƒÑ¶ÄJ²(¥ÄÉ¢ehúŠ4vD­Òäõ÷çaJ      vhbº1H£{ïÉ0£ÉÆ”É
BÔÎflöY[1]V:¥m‘±ÏÙkï%…U¢t2¶…È&ãÛ›Ñlë!&¤¶1c
DÿÈy”
0"¦Îƒ¥Jî‚HËPp/ä—(€ûý{.E°ØÃʃGϐ‹e‰Éˆ¶÷$$gÉÓþ\•1á}©¥@*óªÊOê¼-~é´©r«ýÓŠelˆZYõ«ŸÞ¡—””»3q¡}¼;0½Óe­ ™Š€o_» ¸rri("mníDžËs-¡ÖWn>8      1Ò+™2­+FhÛÊa—f
”ש­[!"nKˆ×'Øû¶Ç

--

Lorna in Eastern Ontario, Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

Paula Hancock

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 06:02 pm, Kim Leitch wrote:
Dually has almost every possible symptom of PPID. Poor coat, late shedding, excessive drinking and peeing, poor top line, big gut, swollen sheath, and yet he tests negative. His case history is in the file. Should I go on and put him on Prascend as a test?

 Hi Kim,

I didn't see the ACTH value for Dually's most recent test in his case history.  You mentioned that it is negative.  Would you add the actual value?  It would be good to know if he is high "normal" or solidly in the normal range.

Thanks,
--
Paula with Cory (IR) and Onyx (IR/PPID)

Bucks County, PA, USA

ECIR Primary Response

NRCplus 2011  ECIR 2014

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Paula%20and%20Cory

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Paula%20and%20Onyx

LeeAnne Bloye <ecir.archives@...>

Lorna, Thanks so much for this!  This is looks like it is probably/possibly a formatting issue between the various word processing programs (LibreOffice is what I've been using with a Mac and Word with a PC)

Sigh.  Why can't technology play nicely... I will see if I can fix this tomorrow.  Oh well at least it isn't link troubles. A change is as good as a holiday they say. ;-)

Kim, stay tuned for attachments in email for you to upload.
--

LeeAnne,
Newmarket, Ontario.

ECIR Archivist March, 2004
​

Kim Leitch

I was trying so hard to do everything right on my CH, but I have failed miserably, lol. The ACTH value is on my Word document, but does not show in the CH. I will work on this tomorrow. In the meantime, to get an answer for my pony, here are the results from Cornell:

ACTH: 32.2 pg/mL (normal 9-35)

Glucose:  76 mg/dL (normal71-113)

Insulin:  16.4 uIU/mL (normal 10-40)

Leptin:  7.65 ng/mL (normal 1-10)

He is Compensated IR using the IR Calculator.

As I said in my first post, he has multiple symptoms of PPID. I left out two big ones in my post; he has a ravinous appetite, and has had multiple soft tissue injuries.

My question is, should I put him on Prescend as a trial to see if his symptoms improve?
--
Kim 10-2014

Clover, SC

Grits IR, Eeyore PPID, Dually ???

Case History https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Grits%20-%20Eeyore%20-%20Dually

Photo album https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1314

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

LeeAnne,

That just takes me to the first page of the CH files.

When I try to open his history I get a file is corrupted message.

Lavinia Fiscaletti

LeeAnne,

Both of the links in Kim's signature work perfectly for me. All 3 copies of the case history open with no problems either.

The direct link to Dually's CH only takes me to the first page of the Case History files.
--
Lavinia, Dante and George Too

Jan 05, RI

EC Support Team

LeeAnne Bloye <ecir.archives@...>

Edited

Hi Dr. K and Lavinia

Kim sent an updated version of Dually's case history.  My apologies!  Should have posted this afternoon that the .doc version was deleted.  Kim sent an updated case history from her ipad which has been converted to .pdf and uploaded.

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Grits%20-%20Eeyore%20-%20Dually

That link should work and Kim's equines' case histories should be viewable by everyone again.  :-)

Still did not figure out why the file was corrupted but at least it is all working now. :-(

--

LeeAnne,
Newmarket, Ontario.

ECIR Archivist March, 2004