possible iron overload

Sue Hansen

I am wondering if iron overload is the problem with my laminic mare, Dawn.  Our water is extremely high in iron.  Can anyone suggest an iron filter?

--
Sue H.
June 2017. Markle, IN USA

Karen Warne

I am not sure how effective this is, but I did install this on Luke’s hose bib...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006IX87S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--

Karen and Luke

May 1 2017

Northern California

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Karen%20and%20Luke

gypsylassie

A friend of mine got one and felt it made a difference.  She got it from Pacific Sands.  The ECO - 8014.  Eco One spa fill hose pre filter.
Laura K Chappie & Beau
N IL 2011

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 25, 2017, at 1:39 PM, Sue Hansen <smhans950@...> wrote:

I am wondering if iron overload is the problem with my laminic mare, Dawn.  Our water is extremely high in iron.  Can anyone suggest an iron filter?

--
Sue H.
June 2017. Markle, IN USA
Case History https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sue%20and%20Dawn  .

Maggie

Here is the information on the Camco filters:  https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/B1AnDRMP8hS.pdf  It states that they all remove iron and also gives the recommended usage times.
And the EcoOne (also sold on Amazon):  http://www.ecoonespa.com/spa-products/hosefilter/   Also states it removes iron.

If you want to know how effective the filter is, Dairy One does water testing, you could send a before and after sample:  http://dairyone.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Livestock-Water-Analysis.pdf  Call them first for some free sterile bottles.
--
Maggie, Chancey and Spiral in VA
March 2011

Karen Warne

Thank you Maggie for the links!  You all are so wonderful and smart!  Thank you.
--

Karen and Luke

May 1 2017

Northern California

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Karen%20and%20Luke

Sue Hansen

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 03:37 am, Maggie wrote:
EcoOne
I just ordered an EcoOne spa filter from Amazon.  Thank you all for the input!

--
Dawn's photo album  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=9764