Syringe for minerals

Sue Hansen

Does anyone have a recommendation for a type of syringe (other than the plastic tubes) so I can get the needed minerals into my mare?   I have a hard time using the plastic ones because the plunger gets stuck in the tube and by the time I get it unstuck, I've shot the minerals everywhere but in her mouth.   I oiled the tube before adding the minerals and oiled the plunger.  Any suggestions?
--
Sue H.
June 2017. Markle, IN USA

Lorna Cane

Be  sure the tip is not resting against part of her mouth/tongue, blocking the opening .

--

Lorna in Eastern Ontario, Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

Does this happen with a new syringe as well?  Apparently taking the syringe apart to clean it results in sticking plungers.  Once I quit cleaning out my syringes so thoroughly, I had a lot fewer stuck plungers.  I just draw water in and out of them a few times to rinse.
--
Martha in Vermont
Logo, Tobit(EC) and Pumpkin, Handy and Silver (EC/IR)

Tori Cullins

I use a drenching syringe, works really well!
--
Tori and Orion

April 2015, Eagle Point, Oregon

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Tori%20and%20Orion

Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=808

Donna Powell

I found this to be true also.

On ‎Saturday‎, ‎November‎ ‎25‎, ‎2017‎ ‎02‎:‎58‎:‎33‎ ‎PM‎ ‎EST, Martha McSherry <mmcsherry@...> wrote:

Does this happen with a new syringe as well?  Apparently taking the syringe apart to clean it results in sticking plungers.  Once I quit cleaning out my syringes so thoroughly, I had a lot fewer stuck plungers.  I just draw water in and out of them a few times to rinse.
--
Martha in Vermont
Logo, Tobit(EC) and Pumpkin, Handy and Silver (EC/IR)
Logo's Case History:
July 2012

--
Donna 5/2011

Beaufort, SC

Ulysses https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Donna%20and%20Rolex%20-%20Ulysses

Helen Temps

I use one like this.  I just removed the metal screw on tip.  Unfortunately, I have to fill it about 9 times to get all the minerals in Chloe, but she has become tolerant of the process.  I wouldn't say she looks forward to it, but at least I get the job done.
  • 50ml-Feeding-Veterinary-Syringe-Reusable-Livestock-Supplies-Injector
  • 50ml-Feeding-Veterinary-Syringe-Reusable-Livestock-Supplies-Injector
  • 50ml-Feeding-Veterinary-Syringe-Reusable-Livestock-Supplies-Injector
  • 50ml-Feeding-Veterinary-Syringe-Reusable-Livestock-Supplies-Injector
Have one to sell? Sell now

50ml Feeding Veterinary Syringe Reusable Livestock Supplies Injector--

Helen Temps

My signature didn't appear with the pictures I posted regarding the syringe.  Sorry about that.
--

Helen Temps and Chloe  June 2017
Placerville, CA

Helen Temps

If mine gets sticky I just rub a little olive oil or vaseline on the "o" ring