I hope it helps you and other horses as well. Just watch for signs/symptoms. If they get a very cresty neck, or other signs of symptoms, you might need to back off. I've had many talks with Randy and Anderson/NuZu Feed. Every horse and their tolerance is different, and Stabul 1 has to be assessed based on your individual horse symptoms/signs.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

gypsylassie

Deb, regarding your comment that Scotty had trouble with Stabul 1, I can't remember the timetable, but was that back when you were trying to get his pergolide dose dialed in?
Also, some horses do need a lower % s/s, some as low as 7 or 6 I think, so that could be a factor.
Laura K Chappie & Beau over the bridge
2011 N IL

Deb Walker

Laura,

He was started on 1 mg compounded liquid pergolide *just because*...when he moved home with me in 05/2017. That was not changed until 2019 due to all of this group's and Dr. Kellon's suggestions, re-testings, etc.. So yes, it could be that not having his numbers perfectly controlled contributed to the issue. However, I still watch his neck like a hawk whenever I increase the Stabul 1.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Deb Walker

It has come to my attention that some of my experiences have caused questions with Stabul 1. Therefore, I would like to set the record straight. I have used Stabul 1 since I first heard about it on this site, and found out I could drive to the actual dealership/store and buy it. I know I have commented a few times when I read about people trying to purchase this product and having so much difficulty finding it...how lucky I was to live here and be able to purchase what I needed. I realize this is a very large group, from everywhere within the US, Canada, and abroad. Sometimes, it's hard to remember that when fingers do the typing.

Before Scotty was on the amount of Pergolide he is now on, yes, he did develop issues with swollen sheath, cresty neck, etc. The only new addition to his diet at that time was Stabul 1, and I brought this issue to Randy's attention. He told me he had never had this complaint before, but if I was seeing this, I shouldn't feed his product. So, it's a case of what came first...the chicken or the egg?

When Dr. Kellon addressed what Scotty was experiencing, she also told me to back off on everything, including Stabul 1 and even less ODHTB cubes, adding in more plain RSR beet pulp. Which I did. For those of you who have followed, you know it's been a long haul. To clarify, I just want to say, that each of us as horse owners know our horses better than anyone, especially if we have come this far to be on this amazing site with so much information and help.

That being said, I just made a trip today to buy 3 more bags of Stabul 1. Randy (Anderson / NuZu Feed) is as honest as the day is long, and will talk with you and help you with whatever you are dealing with. Scotty has been eating less and less of his daily rations for the past few weeks, and I have been adding more Stabul 1 to his soaked mush to entice him. I wouldn't have made the trip today to buy more if I didn't think it was, of all brands on the marketplace, the *safest* one I could feed. In a world of feed manufacturers, vets, farriers etc., we have all seen and probably experienced similar difficulties. So when someone, such as Anderson (NuZu Feeds) agrees to work directly with Dr. Kellon to produce a product specific to our horse's needs, that is a Godsend.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History: