Case Histories: What You Need To Know - Tue, 02/04/2020 #cal-notice

main@ECIR.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Case Histories: What You Need To Know

When:
Tuesday, 4 February 2020

Your equine's Case History is the most important step to be completed upon joining the ECIR Group. It is critical for obtaining timely and specific advice from the support team.

If you are a long time member, migrated from Yahoo, please be aware there are changes in how information is to be properly posted.  We also have a new case history form. If your case history does not contain the IR Calculator Table please transfer all your information on to the new form. The new uploading rules and instructions are located at the bottom of the case history form

We take the importance of accurate information very seriously. The information in our posts and case histories is of tremendous value to all our members. To help protect the data and your privacy only members of the main ECIR Group are granted access to the Case History Group.  If you are concerned about privacy you need only give your first name and general location.  The use of pseudonyms to keep your equine professionals anonymous is encouraged. Please review the ECIR Group Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Don't delay posting or updating your case history.

Missing information it can be added as you obtain it. The faster your case history is completed with what you currently know, the faster you will receive the best support from the support team.

Please take the time to update your Case History.  An up-to-date case history is invaluable when an equine emergency crops up. Accurate documentation of management changes, the equine's responses, blood work results and links to the equine's photo album not only helps the ECIR Group gain the trust and respect of science-based equine professionals but can be used by vets who are on the ground trying to help your horse. Your Case History is the best way to effectively monitor and illustrate the results in PPID and IR management changes.

Please leave all your information uploaded. When the time comes that you or your equine no longer need the advice of the ECIR Group, please leave your case history folder intact. Your information will be used in the future to confirm or re-shape ECIR protocols and help other members learn.  This is the best way to “give back” to the ECIR for the help you and your horse have received.

Photos go in the Case History Photo Section.  Please help the Support Team work as efficiently as possible. Read How to Make a Photo Album for the rules and follow the Naming Pattern for photos so the Support Team can quickly locate the photos they need to see.

Thank you for your cooperation,

The Owners and Support Team of the ECIR Group

KATHIE DORVAL <bokayarabians@...>

It is all just too hard to understand. I have been a member for a few years and have still not been able to do a case history. I don't know how to add photos or blood work or hoof pictures. Isn't there some way to make things easier? Most of the "help" makes no sense to me at all, I don't know much about the computer, cookies, browser and apps, I don't understand at all. Can't make a folder to put things in. Usually only go onto google to look up things, and send and receive emails.
--
Kathie with Libby and Sweet P
Cobble Hill, BC, Canada

Nancy C

HI Kathie

We know some folks have more trouble with this than others. The unfortunate reality is that we are an internet group, giving the best possible recommendations without cost, and in return, we need you to take control of the document and your files.

What works is taking the initiative to learn the jargon, finding someone (ideally locally) to work with you one on one, to help explain things and guide you, and then spend several minutes everyday learning how to do this. If you can post, read here on the website, go to google, etc., with practice you will find things getting easier and easier, but it takes dedicated time.  No one -- even the kids -- is born to know this stuff. It is like learning how to play the piano, play golf or ride horses.  For some it comes easier than for others, but it takes dedicating some time, almost every day to work on it if you want to be even a little competent at it.

What has worked for any of us trying to learn, may be local tech folks, the local library,  classes specifically for seniors. Eventually our new site will be up.  We are working on it every day. While this will be easier, however, it will still be up to the member to learn how to use it. They (not ECIR) will be in control of uploading and updating their documents.

This is a huge undertaking for us that actually started in 2008 and we thank you for your patience and your continued work to  learn new things and update your current histories.

--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2020 NO Laminitis! Conference, October 22 - 25, Harrisburg, PA

Sherry Morse

Kathie,

To add to what Nancy's already said, you have folders already and several of our volunteers have tried to help you with uploading your information.  At the end of the day it's up to each member to have control over their own data and that means learning how to use the "Add Photos" button in the photo albums and the "Upload Files" button in the Case History folders.

All of that starts with having a set location on your computer/device for the photos and files and knowing how to navigate to them when you need to add something to the site.  To gain more confidence in doing that you may want to find a local tech person who can work with you one on one or see if there are basic computer classes at your local community college, community center, library, etc.  If you decide to take a class being able to upload photos or files could be one of your goals for why you are at the class.

Edited

Aha, Kathie.  New suggestion.  You can learn how to create a folder on Google, just search “how to create PC folder” or anything else that makes sense to you.  You can also look up ‘cookies’, ‘browser’ and ‘apps’ right there on Google.  If you don’t understand the first thing you read, look a little further until you find an explanation that you can understand.  As Nancy says, it takes practice, and I’d like to add, willingness to experiment.  We are all here cheering you on.  We know you can do it as many of us have made the same journey as well.

just to add that asking Google how to make a screen shot on your computer would be one of the most useful things to do in terms of having some help going forward.  It helps so much for those of us giving advice to know what you’re looking at on your screen.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

Nancy Kitchen

Kathie
when I tried to look at the entire info necessary it was over whelming and then I remembered the old saying "How do you eat an elephant?" - One bite at a time...  do one thing - complete that task and then try some more....

I hope that helps...  there is so much great information here and so many to help - you don't want to miss out on any of it if it can help you help your horse....
Stay the course....
--
Nancy K and Smoke
November 2018, Lakeville MA