Iron overload and IR/PPID - peer reviewed studies?

Joy V

This is probably mainly directed at Dr. Kellon.  I'm in a hoof group online (offshoot of Pete Ramey's) and there is a very interesting thread going about commercial feeds/grains with iron added.  One of the things that keeps coming up is people say they want to see peer reviewed studies because they don't believe iron is bad for a PPID/IR horse.  I have shared what I know and given links to Pete's website (where he quotes Dr. Kellon).  But I wondered if any of these "peer reviewed" studies exists?

(am working on my case study, I apologize.  This weekend I'll get it posted, I swear)

Thanks in advance!
--
Joy and Willie
(aka FLS Boxcar Willie)

Nevada County, CA - 2019

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Here you go - and also the references at the end.

Joy V

Thank you so much!  I cannot believe people are arguing that iron overload is rare and hardly happens.  Some are saying that the iron in dirt & water is not "bio-available" and horses aren't affected by it?

--
Joy and Willie
(aka FLS Boxcar Willie)

Nevada County, CA - 2019