Topics

Acceptable Hay Balancers

Tiffany

I did look at the list of hay balancers, but I couldn't find anything available in my area feed stores or on Chewy. I seen Stabul 1 on Chewy, but that's a feed correct? I'm trying to get my hay balanced but not sure how long that will take. I followed up with the ranch today, but I know they've been busy with the lockdown so not sure how long before I get this.  I would like to have a backup plan if something falls through.

Thanks,
--
Tiffany
Lincoln County, MO

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

You could use Equi-Base grass along with iodized salt as an interim measure https://uckele.com/equi-base-grass-pellets-15lbs.html until you get hay analysis.

Kirsten Rasmussen

Tiffany, I believe there is a 5% discount with Uckele if you type in coupon code "ECIR".

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Tiffany

My concern with this one would be the selenium content. In MO we have adequate selenium levels as I'm told. Wouldn't this level risk toxicity?
--
Tiffany
Lincoln County, MO
April 2020
Hollywood Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Tiffany%20and%20Hollywood
Hollywood Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=245376

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

No. The average grass hay selenium level in your area is 0.15 ppm yielding 1.5 mg per 10 kg. Coupled with the 1.4 mg from Equi-Base Grass you wouldn't be even close to a toxic level.