Case history and Xrays

Eraffell@...

Hi, would it be possible for someone to review my case history and images please?
not sure if I am meant to post and ask as I am still trying to find my way round the site so apologies if what I am doing is wrong.

--
Erika Raffell UK 2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Erika%20and%20Robbie

Lorna Cane

Hi Erika,

You're doing great!

If you have specific questions, please ask, no matter how many . That way people will know what to look for to better help Robbie and you.

Lorna  in Eastern  Ontario

Hi Erika,

Thanks for getting the case history done and the photos up.  So going back to your previous email it looks like Robbie needs to lose about 50lbs. which would mean he should be eating a total of 7kg a day of hay and concentrate.  That means right now he's getting a half pound over that amount with the addition of the speedibeet to the hay.  It may not seem like much but that small difference plus whatever grass he's getting in the pasture can make a difference.  I'm not sure there's any benefit to the Advanced Concentrate for him or if that could be a trigger as well - there's nothing in it that should be but again, if he's very sensitive to diet changes it could be an issue. https://www.equimins-online.com/en/all-products/2-equimins-advance-concentrate-complete-powder.html - I believe is the product?

His current x-rays do look much better than the old ones but I'll leave more specific commenting on his trim to our foot experts.

As far as the paddock - is he still going out where there's any grass at all?  If he is you may want to consider a muzzle for him as he appears to be very sensitive to diet changes.

Did you get his bloodwork results back?  If you have can you please add them to the case history and let us know what they are?

Eraffell@...

Hi,

thanks so much. I will cut his feed down, and yes he still has access to grass as i don’t have the option of going grass free. If I were to muzzle him the grass isn’t long enough to go through. But i am setting up a track around his paddock which will have even less grass and will be putting soaked hay out.

I am taking him off advance concentrate as it is nearly all used now and won’t be buying anymore.

Im currently trying to get his blood work results back from vets so will upload when possible.
--
Erika Raffell UK 2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Erika%20and%20Robbie

Eraffell@...

I would just like to know really what I can do to keep him comfortable and healthier as I do believe it’s the change in grass which has caused him to be more foot sore but I’m limited to options.

--
Erika Raffell UK 2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Erika%20and%20Robbie

Sherry Morse

Hi Erika,

Can you get pieces of carpet or rubber matting to put down on top of the grass areas to kill it off?  There is a chance he's one of those that needs to be on absolutely NO grass so muzzling him would allow him to eat hay and drink water while being out but would keep him from being triggered by the grass.  Even with a track system you'll need to be vigilant about making sure there's as little grass as possible within his reach.  \

Bloodwork results would really help guide us as far as getting his diet tighter as well.  Is he getting any exercise at this point or is he too sore?

Eraffell@...

I will speak to yard owner and see if it is possible. I am not allowed to put hay on the ground so he wouldn’t be able to eat out of haynet with a muzzle would he?

he is back in full work atm I am riding in boots with pads on all fours.