Thank you, all

Penny Linke

I want to thank this group for all the support, education, and information over the last 4 years.  We had to say good-bye to our best friend of the last 22 years, our 31 year old Sunny.  He was diagnosed with PPID 4 years ago after a very stressful hurricane evacuation.  A friend told me about this group at the time and it was a godsend. The help and information is so thorough here that I almost never had to post, as long as I took the time to dig through the files and messages. I could make decisions and discuss topics with my vet and farrier with conviction, whether it was about diet, medications, or hoof trim. I credit you all for giving me 4 more years with Sunny-healthy, vibrant and laminitis-free.  In the end it was EPM and the resulting neurologic complications that forced us to make the final decision.  We are heartbroken, but so thankful that we could enjoy his silly antics for so long.

I know you like to keep the files on each member's horse because it contains valuable info. I looked but didn't find instructions on what I should do to mark that he's deceased or if you need to know the cause.

Again, all, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
--
Penny
July 21, 2017

Lorna Cane

Aww,Penny,I'm so sorry you have lost your friend.
I just went to his album to remind myself. What a handsome boy. And how lucky he was to have had you in his life.

RIP Sunny.
--

Lorna  in Eastern  Ontario

Bobbie Day

Penny
I’m so sorry for your loss of your sweet boy. Sometimes no matter how hard we try for them we have to make the hard decision to let them go. I hope he’s running in green pastures eating all the green grass he wants. ❤️

--
Bobbie and Desi
NRC March 2020

Oh Penny I am so sorry to read this but I'm so glad too that we were able to help you give Sunny a comfortable last 4 years of his life.  31 is a grand old age (my mare was also 31 when she decided she'd had enough) but it never feels like it's enough time for us.

Kim Rice

Hi Penny,

Sorry for your loss.  I know that our horses are family and they support us in so many ways.

Sunny is running free over the Rainbow Bridge feeling no pain and will always be in your heart.
--
Kim R, Lafayette, CA  2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Shomee

Frances C.

Im sorry to hear of the loss of Sunny. Valuable information in the ECIR files. Would be great to add a column of Cause of Death and Age and also a column on related issues with sire/dam. siblings progeny etc. I know this entails extra work but maybe in the dead of winter I could volunteer to pull out such datum.
--
- Frances C.
December 2017, Washington & California

Carol

Penny, I want to express my warmest thoughts of sympathy on the loss of your precious horse Sonny.  31 years old!  Wow, he made it that far.  I too had a Cushings horse who eventually passed of EPM. I know the heart break. Seeing all the progress toward wholeness with ECIR help was the best thing we had. Then to see the signs of EPM sneak in years later and gradually take over until a premature end, was hard to take.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  It will take time .... Sending you (((Hugs))).

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 11:41 AM Penny Linke <pennylinke@...> wrote:
[...]

_._,_._,_

Awwww Penny....my heart hurts for you....no matter how long they are with us...seems there is never enough time. I am grateful you had 4 more good years with Sunny and pray the memories  you have of your 22 yrs together will ease the grief. Hugs and prayers to you....

--
Nancy and Akira
3/20/2018  Burkesville KY

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Nancy%20and%20Akira

Maxine McArthur

Penny, I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to Sunny. He looked magnificent for his age, a testimony to your good husbandry. Thank you for taking the time to let us know, and to let us know that the group has helped you.

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response

Lynn

Penny - I'm so very sorry to read of the loss of your beautiful boy. I know there is nothing any of us can say to fill the hole he has left. But looking at his photos you can tell that he was happy. The photo of him in that lovely field with his head outstretched makes me think that is what he must look like now except pain free and young. I'm glad he lived out his days with such a loving caretaker.
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio

Lesley Fraser

Oh Penny, I’m so sorry to hear that Sunny has gone. What a heartbreaking time for you.
Best wishes
Lesley & over the bridge Omar,
UK, 2012

--