Topics

Ulcers + Heaves

millionairess1989

Jack, my 21 yr old IR TWH,  has backed off eating his beet pulp/supps and hay for the past few meals. I think he might be developing ulcers to go along with his heaves.

I've used U-gard in the past and thought about trying Uckele's GUT.

Should any on the following supplements or medications not be used together to treat both conditions?

Spirulina
Chondroitin
J-herb
Flax
Zinc
Copper
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Magnesium
Aloe vera
Liquid antacid
Tums
Albuterol

Any suggestions are appreciated.
--
Jennifer in Middle TN  2010
 Mill 31 yrs Arabian-PPID, IR & Pacemaker Dependent

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Millionairess

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Jack-TN%20Walker

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Jennifer,

There's no contraindication for using any of those ingredients if he has ulcers. The best indirect way to diagnose likely ulcers is to get 3 or 4 days worth of omeprazole from your vet and see what happens with the signs you are seeing. If they obviously improve, it's probably ulcers and you can use that improvement as a yardstick to evaluate other treatments.

millionairess1989

Thanks Dr. Kellon.

He's already feeling better, of course before I got home with the liquid antacid and aloe vera juice. I'll continue with those and maybe start him on Uckele Gut to help things along.