Insulin wise Advice

Kelly Gilmartin

Vet prescribed insulinwise by KPP- looking for advice because as I read the files I thought I saw that reservatrol interacts with pergolide

states product has proven to reduce insulin concentrations following an OST challenge at both 60 and 75 minutes.
insulinwise
active Ingredients:
leucine 2100mg
lysine 1740mg
glutamic acid 1010 mg
reservatrol 750 mg
quercetin 500mg
proline 470 mg
alanine 395 mg
glycine 250mg

Manfredi JM, Stapley ED, Nash D. Effects of a dietary supplement on insulin and adipokine concentrations in equine metabolic syndrome/insulin dysregulatiom. J Equine Vet Sci 2020:88:102930
--
Kelly Gilmartin/Buddy
Western Massachusetts

Lorna Cane

Hi Kelly,

If you enter Insulinwise into the Search box,you will see a number of messages,by members who have used it.
It hasn't  been a total success, in their experiences.

--

Lorna  in Eastern  Ontario

Kelly Gilmartin

Do we know if the reservatrol is contraindicated in a horse on Pergolide?

--
Kelly Gilmartin/Buddy
Western Massachusetts
member since 2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kelly%20and%20Apostrophe%20GCH/BuddyCaseHistoryAug2020.pdf

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Kelly,

There's been lots of discussion regarding Insulinwise and resveratrol. Here are a few links to get you started:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/244911

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/244477

You can search the message archives for both using the Search box at the top of the page.

Per Dr. Kellon:

Most people can eliminate most or all of the special focus supplements by going back to basic diet balancing.  This is salt, flax (for omegas), vitamin E added separately and a mineral/vitamin mix to  match your hay."

Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR

Nancy C

Hi Kelly

Also see the doc on resveratrol here.

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/8%20Commercial%20Items%20Targeting%20IR%20and%20PPID

Hope this helps.
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference, August 12-15, Harrisburg, PA

Also, there is this post by Dr. Jaini.

“Resveratrol stimulates cortisol production, which in turn raises insulin: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22585829

It has diurectic properties and diuretics can be dangerous in IR/PPID as the horse already has polyuria/polydipsia.“

--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo