Jiaogulan

jessica skene

Hi,

Is jiaogulan 10:1 is more concentrated than jiaogulan regular?

Just saw the mad barn jiao is 10:1 and it confused me a bit!

thanks
--
Jessica Skene  - Abitibi, Québec, Canada
Sonara => Canadian X QH mare , 13 years old, historic of founder and Laminitis, IR / EMS

october 2017

Link to case history: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jessica%20Skene%20and%20Sonara/SonaraCaseHistory2019.pdf
Link to album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=10295&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0
Link to hay analysis: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jessica%20Skene%20and%20Sonara/analysedefoin.pdf

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Jessica,

You will have to ask them exactly what that means. Is it an extract or is it mixed with something else? I have always used powdered whole herb.

Susan

I just purchased some from them. I don't know how they concentrate it, but the instructions say to feed 0.2 grams to 0.5 grams twice a day, if that helps. I believe that is a significantly lower dose than the powdered whole herb.
--
Susan in BC 2020
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Susan%20and%20Copper%20and%20Ella

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Yes, that's about 1/10 of the usual starting dose for the whole herb.

Just curious, how do you measure the dosage?

Susan

They included a small scoop that holds 1 gram - according to their measurements. By  eye - I divide the total amount of the scoop in half. So I'm feeding at the high end.  I have ordered a milligram scale. I also tried mixing 1 gram  with 50 ml water in a dosing syringe and giving a portion, but I found that it's not easy to get an even distribution in water. It doesn't seem to dissolve.
--
Susan in BC 2020
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Susan%20and%20Copper%20and%20Ella

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

No, it won't dissolve. You might have better luck mixing it evenly into ground flax. The color is so obvious you should be able to see if there is even distribution and the flax has enough fat that it shouldn't settle out.

Susan

Helen Connor

Dr. Kellon, I'm confused about this recent series of messages on J-herb.

I thought I was told to mix J-herb with a little water to make a paste (which is does nicely). Blessing has been using it this way for nearly 3 years. Now I see it should be mixed with oil instead of water? Are we switching to oil in our recommendations?

Thank you for clarifying.
--
Helen Connor and Blessing (IR/PPID)
Scappoose, OR