Topics

Triple Crown Naturals Golden Flax

Kelly Gilmartin

Is this approved? Can’t find NSC anywhere. Thanks in advance
--
Kelly Gilmartin/Buddy
Western Massachusetts

Nancy C

Edited

Hi Kelly

Regarding this flax, it is used by many members to fill the Essential Fatty Acid needs.  The concern with any high fat additive is not to give too much and use one that has the profile similar to fresh grass. This is important as most of our horses are not on grass. Flax is ~30% fat. To meet the EFA needs, you need only 2-4 weighed ounces per day, depending on the weight and history of your horse, .

Edited to add: See Omega 3 and 6 info here.  https://www.triplecrownfeed.com/products/golden-ground-flax/

Just to be clear, ECIR Group doesn't "approve" any feeds or supplements but -- in general -- recommends those that have have demonstrated the willingness to meet the needs of our members.  If you can't find the info on any label, members have found that writing to the company can often supply answers they seek and register customer concerns, sometimes moving the needle for the benefit of our horses.

HTH
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference, August 12-15, Harrisburg, PA

Kelly Gilmartin

Ok thanks Nancy. I will use different language next time- sorry by “approved” what i really meant to ask was,”what has been members experience with....”

I appreciate your help
--
Kelly Gilmartin/Buddy
Western Massachusetts
member since 2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kelly%20and%20Apostrophe%20GCH/BuddyCaseHistoryAug2020.pdf

Nancy C

No worries Kelly. Whether owners or companies, folks do often think ECIR has an approved list of xyz.  I appreciate you  for letting me be clear. Hope the flax info helps.
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference, August 12-15, Harrisburg, PA

LJ Friedman

I’ve been using this product for over five years. I don’t know why, but I like it. I use  2/3 of a cup which is I believe the recommended dose for a typical 500 kg horse? Something like that.

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Kelly Gilmartin

Deb Walker

Kelly - I used the pre-ground flax for a year or so, and then discovered that I could greatly reduce my cost by grinding my own flax. It's quick and easy and saves me money.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Joy V

Kelly, I do the same as Deb Walker.  I buy a 50 pound bag of flax seeds from a local feed store for around $25 and grind it with a coffee grinder I got on Amazon for $25.  I only do about 1 week's worth at a time & I keep the ground flax in the fridge in a plastic container w/ a lid.  The seeds are in my closet in a metal trash can (the garage is too hot here right now - in winter I'll keep them in the garage).  I hope that helps you.

--
Joy and Willie (PPID/IR)