download case history for second horse to folder

Buzz

-- I have been trying to download my case history to my folder and can't get it completed.  I recently have another horse diagnosed with PPID and would so appreciate some help getting her history included in the group.  I have the CH saved in a pdf. on my drive. I am using an android tablet. Thank you!
Buzzem TN  2017

Kirsten Rasmussen

Edited

Hi Marsha,

A couple steps for you.

Here is the link to your Case History folder:
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Marsha%20and%20Buzzy

1)  Please add this link and your name to your signature to help us help you.  You can do that by clicking on https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/member/7190643 , scroll down to the signature field, paste the above link to your folder below your current signature (please add your name to your sig too so we know how to address you!), then scrolling down and clicking the "Save" button.

2) Now you need to upload your Case History(ies).  When you click on the link to your folder, you will see blue button that says "Add".  Click on it to see a drop down menu, then select "Upload File".  Now the tricky part....follow the prompts to find that file on your device (I use an android tablet too and I sometimes have to try a couple things before I figure out where my files are on it!).  Please note that Buzzy's case history is not loaded in your folder yet.

3) Buzzy's case history was however loaded in the files but in the wrong spot.  If you have completed the above step and have it reloaded to the correct folder, now you need to delete the extra copy from the files.  Go to the link below and click on the trash can icon next to the the file "Case History Form Buzzy.pdf".  (Before you delete it, you might want to copy and paste that long detailed note you wrote below it into the new case history description?).
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/filessearch?q=Buzz

Thanks for doing all this to get sorted out.  I'll take a look at his case history next!

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Kirsten Rasmussen

Here is your note, so you don't lose it:

Buzzy's actual wt is 350. His only ACTH test was done in 2014. I recently obtained the records from the vet clinic. He does not belong to me, however I care for him now and am trying to do my best to get him on the proper diet and management. His ACTH Endogenous reading in 2014 was 8.41. It was done at UC Davis. It is my understanding they started him on pergolide at that time. I would like to have him tested again and as well as for IR. The vet who sees him says that isn't necessary, however I think it would be best. We have had 2 mild cases of laminitis since Jan. 2020 when I had to be out of town and others were caring for him. I feel so responsible and want only the best for the little guy. He is currently on pasture with a muzzle at night. We do not have a dry lot. I have kept him off the grass during his recovery in Dec. 2019 and am feeding him Ontario Timothy Balance Cubes, 600 mg, vit E and 3 oz of freshly ground flax seed daily. We do not use hay as my SR mare can not eat it any longer and Buzzy does well on what he is given now. I would appreciate knowing what to do with this situation next.

Unfortunately nobody would have seen your request for help because it was hiding with your case history somewhere in the files.  The details above should be added to your Case History for Buzzy.

A couple questions.  First, what was what was the reference range for his 2014 ACTH test (please add to your Case history)?  Next, what is his current pergolide/Prascend dose (please add to your Case history)?

You should be made aware that PPID is a progressive disease requiring regular increases in pergolide dose for most equines.  If he is on the same dose as he started on in 2014 then he is way overdue to be retested.  At a minimum his ACTH needs to be tested 1x a year, ideally 2x or more a year, and the dose adjusted if needed.  And yes, his insulin and glucose should be checked at the same time.  If you are dealing with IR as well as PPID you need to know that because IR will require a much tighter diet and making arrangements to get him off grass completely will be a priority.  These recent laminitis events (please add them and their dates to your Case History) are a sign that there is a problem and he is a ticking time bomb.  If your vet doesn't take this seriously you will have to advocate for Buzzy yourself.

You can refer back to your welcome letter for information on getting the correct disgnosis:
https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/244226

I will also remind you in case you weren't told, but if you are posting the details for a horse that you do not own, you MUST have permission from the owner of the horse.  We trust our members to ensure this is the case.

Let us know if you have any questions!

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada