Balance Minerals in Florida

Shannon Chastain

I am snowbirding this year. I have my hay tested and make up mine own mineral mix with the help of Kathleen’s analysis. I was going to mix up 5 months worth and take it with me then realized that would not probably be the best for my horse. I know there are others besides CA wondering if there is one for the southeast. I cannot seem to remember who makes those up. I cannot take 4 months of hay with me so will be buying hay down there. My horse is not IR but she does have anhidrosis.

Thanks,

Shannon

Awesome Haily

2005 If I remember right 😊

--
Shannon Chastain
Missouri

Candice Piraino

HI Shannon!

I am located in Central Florida myself and feed my herd Vermont Blend from customeequinenutrition.com

Vermont Blend is one of the approved mineral balancers on ECIR that you can look into. The hay in Florida is mostly imported and changes a lot with the turnover. Unless you can purchase a lot at a time and store it, I would say testing it may not be ideal for you.

If you can store a lot on your location, maybe it is worth it for you to test and then balance to it.

Where will you be staying while you are down here?

--

~ Candice P

Primary Response Team

September 2018, Summerfield, FL

Shark's Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Candice%20and%20Shark

Shark's Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=71507

Barefoot Trimmer @ www.arkhavenfarm.com

Shannon Chastain

30 days in Brooksville, 10 days in Jasper, 7 in both Live Oak and Munson

Where are you located I can use a good barefoot trimmer while I am down there!

--
Shannon Chastain
Missouri

Candice Piraino

Awesome! Traveling a lot!

I am in Summerfield (so in between The Villages and Ocala). Yes would love to help you if I can. Feel free to contact me! And if I can't help you, I know several good trimmers that can help you as well!
--

~ Candice

PHCP Barefoot Trimmer @ www.arkhavenfarm.com