Topics

apf and veil

LJ Friedman

Thanks for the reply. I am now at day four of re-introducing 20 mg of compound pergolide. And so far see no problems. I will keep your horse in mind when I assume I might have to go higher than 20 mg. As a reminder I switch to Cabergoline because my vet did not want to go above 20 mg and I caved in too quickly. This time I will stand my ground and get what I need.. Thinking I probably won’t retest until January with the rise’s end,  and of course will test sooner if things indicate it is needed.  thanks.

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Angelika Busi

LJ,

That sounds like a good plan. Just to let you know, my mare was recently switched back from cabergoline to pergolide too and while she clearly had a veil on cabergoline, she was perky and happy with her old dose of pergolide (21mg) from the beginning. I started her on APF 3 days before giving the first capsule but will leave her on it until she is fine with her new target dose of 25 mg. Just to be on the safe side.

Angelika and Qiqi & Apollo
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Angelika%20and%20Qiqi%20-%20Apollo/Quqi
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Angelika%20and%20Qiqi%20-%20Apollo/Apollo
NE Illinois
September 15

Sherry Morse

LJ,

That should be fine to start with but you may want to have more on hand in case you need to go past the 5 days at restart.

LJ Friedman

i’m wondering if this strategy is correct.:
I start at apf five days before giving CP, and I’m continuing for five days while on CP for total of 10 days. Does that sound like enough if no veil is showing? Of course I will have to get more if I notice  veil signs after the five days of apf while on medicine