Topics

Update on Vinnie

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Hi all, I just wanted to share a latest picture of Vinnie. By following all the guidance and diet guidelines Dr Kellon and you all have shared in this group Vinnie looks the least metabolic he has in almost 18 months.

We are still dealing with a bit of the veil trying to get Vinnien p to the 0.5 dose of pergolide, but I keep the faith we will get there.

His left front is soooooo close. We are still in a boot with some tenderness where there is bone proliferation on the medial side but he is able to trot ans canter a bit at his will.  Today he was a bit of a dragon and decided to drag me a bit on our walk so in the round pen he went.

As someone wise once said, "It isn't about the destination, it is all about the journey. You all have been a beacon of hope for us in our journey to wellness and comfort and hopefully soundness.

I will post my latest rads, but the latest side image is in my folder now:)

Thanks!!
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Nancy,
Thanks for giving all of us an update about Vinnie. I know it helps other members to know that it is possible to improve the lives of our horses and for them to make a recovery.
--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA

Mouse Case History, Photo Album

Bobbie Day

Nancy
Wow he looks wonderful, good job 👍

--
Bobbie and Desi
NRC March 2020

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Deb Walker

Just seconding those opinions...Vinnie looks wonderful!!!
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

gypsylassie

Vinnie looks great Nancy, well done, and that photo from the costume class is stunning!
Laura K Chappie & Beau over the bridge
2011 N IL

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Here is a little video from today. I am not asking him to move out but if he offers I let him for short periods...and today this was literally the best day ever!!!

Can u believe it!!!!! Crying right tears of joy right now
https://youtu.be/h1xRjR91Sh4

Thanks you all so much!!!!!
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Lynn

Crying tears of joy with you! He looks amazing!
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio

Tracy

He looks good physically AND he looks like a happy horse!

Way to go Vinnie and Nancy!

--
Tracy and Salsa (1999 model year Paso Fino)
Middle TN USA, September 2019

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Makes it all worthwhile.

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Sherry Morse

That's fantastic!

Bobbie Day

Oh Nancy
That is absolutely amazing, he’s so beautiful. And he looks so happy. You did an amazing job, and what you were up against when you came here proves he has the will to live as well. We come here seeking help and advice from those before us, it’s one thing to come here but another to really put that advice into place, we know how hard that actually is and stories like yours and Vinnie’s proves it can be done !

--
Bobbie and Desi
NRC March 2020

Bobbie Day

Well that didn’t go as planned 🤔
What I said was basically whoo, hoo ! That’s amazing and he just looks so proud of himself! This should be a real inspiration to those struggling. It’s one thing to ask for help (as all of us have) but another to actually spend not only our hard earned money but countless hours, days, months of hard work, reading, trimming, etc. to get this result.
IT CAN BE DONE ❤️ And our furry family members and friends deserve nothing less.
Good Job Nancy and Vinnie 👍

--
Bobbie and Desi
NRC March 2020

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Thank you so much Bobbie!! Yes there were days when at my wits end I would just come to this site and read, read, read.  It inspired me to keep trying and then when I got stuck I reached out for help. And everyone's help and stories inspired me even more.  And the knowledge imparted to me here is what lead me to finally make a needed change. In our case the trim was holding back the healing process. So I made a tough decision but necessary change,  and once the trim was right all.the other work we had done wirh diagnosis and.diet fell into place.

Xoxo to all!!

I cant wait to find what adventurs the rest of our journey holds.

--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Buzz

You and Vinnie are an inspiration! This group is awesome with knowledge, support and compassion!!  What a gift!!! So happy for you as it's a huge journey!
Marsha and Dame - Buzzy TN 2019

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Marsha%20and%20Dame%20-%20Buzzy