Topics

Free ACTH test - is it worthwhile this time of year?

Portagecreek

This is for my 16 year old mare that I have not discussed before, she qualified for the free testing but Tane did not as he has other symptoms. I do suspect PPID with Paisley based on some symptoms - slow to shed and pot belly. We got good results with CTB in shedding

My question is: would it be worthwhile to test during the seasonal rise period?
--
Natalie

New Brunswick, Canada

2019

Case History: Tane's case history

Photos: Tane's photos

Kirsten Rasmussen

Yes, I would test now.  This is a good time of year to detect early PPID in horses due to their exagerated response now, but that otherwise test normal at other times of the year.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History