APF Pro 1x or 2x per day?

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Hi all, I have been reading lots about APF lately and having both horses on the original formula and then canged last week to the pro formula and now have it on autoship because the veil is still present to some.extent in both horses and increasing doses to 6ml 2x per day for about 10 days now. I am wondering if I should be trying 10 ml one time per day to see better effect? What are others experiences?

Thanks Nanxy
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Buzz

Hi Nancy!
I had been struggling  with similar thoughts, but finally got on a forward path with APF and pergolide. The process is hard initially, so much to take in and wanting to do what is right! I started my horse on 4mls for about 4 days and then started the .25 dose of prascend. Gradually I would increase the APF (PRO due to her ulcer issues), and increase the prascend. As APF went up so did Pergolide. I dosed APF mid day, allowed a few hours and then dosed with pergolide last feed of night. We finally just got to 1mg and 10ml.  After a few days at 1mg, Im going to try to back off APF slowly. She may need it continually and will observe how she is reacting. Each case surely must be different though. Im sure there are many more on the site that know more than I but wanted to share with you. This is a wonderful place to be getting help with the members on  here! Good luck!
Marsha and Dame - Buzzy TN 2019

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Marsha%20and%20Dame%20-%20Buzzy

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Another thing I may try is changing when I give prascend too.  That was a great idea of giving apf mid day and then the prascend at night. I have been giving both midday.
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Rose Miller <Rosemiller@...>

When is the best time to give Prascend, does it matter?

--
Rose Miller in Arizona 2020

Sherry Morse

As long as the entire dose is given at once it shouldn't really matter what time of day you give Prascend.

Rose Miller <Rosemiller@...>

Thank you