Topics

need to place a uckele order/ dr kellon

Daisy Shepherd

current supplements are biotin 2 % 1 scoop,  magnesium 10 grams , triamino 1 scoop, , plain salt 3 tbsp plus salt block white' , omega shine 4 scoops, thyro l 1 scoop, hylarin 1 scoop, equi vm 2 scoops, chasteberry 1 scoop, liquid vit e 3000iu-  plus 2 cups stabul one, plus 20 to 22 # hay per day, plus pasture turn out 6 hrs with one inch hole muzzle;  with all of this could still use more energy.   before i  order, do you see any changes to make/  as always , thank you for your help, daisy and tiko
Daisy, Tiko and Whisper
CO, April 2019
Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Daisy%20and%20Tiko
Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=90099&p=Name,,,20,2,0,0

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Assuming you are still exercising him, it's probably time to  move up to a post exercise feeding of 50:50 oats and beet pulp. Start with 1 lb each and work up to 2 lbs. Be sure to feed it only within the first hour after exercise. Until you can get that underway syringe in 2 oz of corn syrup immediately after work.

Daisy Shepherd

dr kellon, yes , we are still in work, all my work is outdoors so now becomes weather related as winter approaches.  can you help me understand why to feed after work( i do this  per usual );  i like the oats and beet pulp recommendation;  i assume this is to  replace the stabul one;  and no change with supplements so will get that done.  thank you, daisy and tiko
Daisy, Tiko and Whisper
CO, April 2019
Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Daisy%20and%20Tiko
Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=90099&p=Name,,,20,2,0,0

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

With exercise the muscle becomes less reliant on insulin for glucose uptake. This persists for about 24 hours after exercise but starts to sharply decline after the first hour. In that golden period the muscle and liver will soak up glucose to replenish glycogen. Low glycogen stores are a common cause of low energy and reduced exercise tolerance when feeding a low S/S diet.  Just make sure you only feed it in that time interval.