Retesting and Pergolide dosage

Angie

My horse was diagnosed with PPID just as we were going into the Fall rise. He has been getting 1 mg Prascend a day.  I don't think it was a proper dosage during the rise.  He has been extremely lethargic with low stamina.  He perked up a bit mid October. I plan to retest ACTH the end of December or early January to determine if we are on the right dosage for the "normal" part of the year. If he needs an increase, I will do that, then retest in Spring.  Is this a good plan?
--
Angie
October 2020, Mendocino County, CA

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Angie%20and%20Jacob
Jacob's Photo Album:

Sherry Morse

Hi Angie,

You can retest 3 weeks after reaching the target dose, no need to wait until spring.

LJ Friedman

I thought Dr. kellon mentioned to wait until January because often correct values are not shown during the seasonal rise?

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

LJ Friedman

-- or that the correct response isnt shown till january, though things might still be improving