cough

Maxine McArthur

Our horses love the mullein just before it flowers, but not at other times. I try to keep it out of my paddocks, but they do snatch a bit on rides from the side of the track.

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response

Hi Daisy,
I ordered some mullein awhile ago to see what it would do for my intermittent congestion.  I haven’t tried it yet but I wondered if if is something that might be given to horses.  It turns out it is but you might research it a bit to see what it’s useful for.  It’s a plant I have been working to purge from my garden for years, unsuccessfully, but if it’s useful, I may have to give it its own space to grow.  Fuzzy leaves and an enormously tall yellow flower spike.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

Daisy Shepherd

thank you sherry, will look at cough free ingredients again as did not note the extra iron.   mostly just congested cough and listless, no fever, good appetite.  is better now, still cough but less congested. his saa was negative so no worry for underlying infection.  also how do i repost  a question without making a new message. thank you, daisy and tiko thank you
Daisy, Tiko and Whisper
CO, April 2019
Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Daisy%20and%20Tiko
Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=90099&p=Name,,,20,2,0,0

Sherry Morse

The added iron would make me look for something else. If he's had an antibiotic shot what was the diagnosis as to cause of the cough?

Daisy Shepherd

is cough free ok for ir horse;  no fever, just congested cough  more with activity and slightly listless, good appetite,  had antibiotic shot x2 4 days apart. thank you daisy and tiko