Update on Willow

Pat

Just a short update on Willow's progress.
She has lost about 80-100 lbs since October on the low nsc hay, amino trace plus and other recommended supplements +beet pulp. She looks a lot better.
Vet noted no evidence of laminitis in December and advised gradual return to full work.
She can walk across rocks to outdoor barefoot now with no signs of pain. We still ride in padded boots though.
She is no longer ravenously hungry.
Seems to be doing well overall.
I uploaded new pics of feet and body.
I plan on getting new xrays around June since her new and improved feet are still growing in slow but steady.
--
Pat
August 2020

Sherry Morse

Hi Pat,

I'm glad to hear Willow is doing so much better and she certainly looks a lot trimmer than she did last year!  A couple of thoughts for you though - her feet still look like her trim can be improved (long toes, underrun heels) so you may want to get on Lavinia's mark up list at some point soon to help get that in better order as she continues to grow a new hoof in.  Also, we don't usually advise riding until a new hoof is almost completely grown in (usually 9 months after a laminitic episode) so do keep an eye on what Willow tells you as far as how she's feeling.