Lavinia advice on Kodys trim

deb@...

Hi Lavinia, our trimmer hasn't been available so we've been trying to get the feet in shape. He's walking better so I'm hoping we are on the right path.

We are definitely getting into the laminar wedge when taking the toes back back but still a bit reticent to go to far so any advice would be good. I've added new photos to the album

Also, I am wondering if transitioning him to bare foot on the fronts just in deep sand could be an option. We are starting to get early rain and I don't want his feet to stay wet in boots. It could also be a way of starting to toughen his soles? Opinions please.

Cheers Debbie
--
Debbie Rainbow
Western Australia

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Deb,

I took a quick look and the things have definitely improved in the trim department - good job. You can still back both fronts up considerably. Follow the angle of the new growth coming in under the coronary band to the ground - there should not be toe at ground level beyond that point. This is the green line on the rad mark-ups.

You can try him without boots on forgiving surfaces and see how he does. Start with an hour at a time and build it up from there. The fronts did appear to have decent sole depth in the rads.

Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR