Boarding in San Diego area?

coffincomplex@...

Hi everyone,

I will be moving to San Diego soon and I'm looking for good boarding options. I know there are a few board members in the area, so I wanted to post in case anyone had suggestions. I need a place that is workable for a PPID/IR horse: if they are in turnout there can't be grass, and the facility needs to be amenable to feeding my hay. I would prefer them (I have 2 horses total) to live in individual pens 48' x 48' or larger, or if in smaller pens, they'll need turnout for several hours a day. Good shelter/shade is a must.

I'll be working in La Jolla and would like to keep them less than a 45 minute drive away. I've found a few places further out (Lakeside, Escondido, Imperial Beach) that look to fit the bill but they're close to my max drive distance and so I'm still beating the bushes to see if there is anything closer in, like Poway or Olivenhain. I'd prefer a smaller facility (less than 50 horses), but beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for any ideas!
--
Alanna
May 2018

LJ Friedman

Can you be specific as to where you will be living. What area?

Jesse( over the rainbow) and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

LJ Friedman

facebook “socal horse community “
you can post a “ looking for”
After you’ve selected a few, I can get the inside scoop from others in the area

Jesse( over the rainbow) and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

coffincomplex@...

Thanks, LJ. I won't have a place to live picked out until I know where the horses will live (priorities you know...). Just trying to stay as close to La Jolla as possible.

I've posted on a couple of Facebook groups, including that one, and gotten a few recommendations but so far none of them have panned out. Hoping to keep beating the bushes until the right fit appears.
--

email  me  luke4275@....... I can get your facility checked out ,, visit myself  or have trainers give me their true data.. with some barn owners being,, " a bit off". a good  411 dig on the facility would be helpful  .. email me what you pay now.?  etc,, .. bonsall is a great community   50 miles  but very fine places there..some smaller and private