Excitability on Mad Barn amino trace plus?

Pat

My horse is extremely spooky right now. Has been on Mad Barn amino trace plus (two scoops) plus ground flax + salt + jiaogulan since October. Plus low NSC hay. Nothing else. Has lost around 100-150 pounds.

Her feet are still a work in progress.

But anyone else see an increase in excitability while also taking the Mad Barn supplement?

I'm looking into all possible causes and have scheduled a vet check, I'm not limiting it to just the supplement question - but thought this group would be the best to ask about that.

Could be that the fat metabolic horse I bought two years ago is now just feeling healthy and strong. But she may now be too much horse for me!
--
Pat
August 2020

Laura H

I really can't imagine the Amino Trace would cause excitability in a horse, nor have I experienced that while using the product. It's totally possible though that losing that much weight could make them feel like a brand new horse!
--
Laura Heit - Ontario 2021

Sherry Morse

Hi Pat,

It's more likely that she's feeling better than she has in quite a while than a supplement is causing the spookiness.  If you want to rule out Lyme disease you can always pull blood for that (assuming it's in your area).