Adding pictures - no image

Kelly Kathleen Daughtry

Whenever I try to add a picture, I get a blank screen. It says the picture is IMG 3253 which is the name of the picture (named by my computer/phone)  but nothing shows up - or at least I can't see it.  There's a blank screen instead of an image. Anyone know what's going on ?
--
Kelly & Micah, Clayton NC

April 2016

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kelly%20and%20%20Micah

Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=264981

Sherry Morse

Kelly,

If you're referring to this file: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photo/264981/3246856?p=Taken,,,20,2,0,0 yes, it's blank.  No idea what's going on but I would suggest you try to rename the picture on the phone first just in case that's the issue.

I suspect the issue is the format of the photo, .HEIC. This newer image format is used by the iPhone. You can convert .HEIC images to jpeg using online converters and on Preview.app for MacOS on a regular Mac computer. In the future, it's probably easier to shoot your iPhone images in .jpeg or .png format.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator

The image was in the album when I checked.  I doubt non-Apple users can download photos in this format, so it's probably advisable to convert them.

Also,  you  need to rename the image to omit the " +" and any other "special characters" in the name, which can cause problems displaying photos on all the assorted operating systems like Windows, Android etc. In general, omit characters in the name that are not numbers, letters and hyphens. There are some fine details about other characters that are acceptable, like the hyphen, but for my old brain, it's easiest to remember to use only numbers, letters and hyphens in image names.

In your album, images can be renamed using the Edit button. You need to change the name in the box and then scroll to the bottom of the window and click Update
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator
Cayuse and Diamond Case History Folder

Ah Cass, I suspect you're right.  I didn't even realize that was an image format and just thought it was gobblygook being added to the name.

Lynn

Hi Kelly - I don't know if this helps but I have a fairly new iPhone and this is what I do. I access the ECIR website from my phone via Safari. I plug Lynn and Relevante into the search box which takes me to my signature block. I click on my album. When that opens I click on "Add Photos"...It will then say "Select Files" so I click on the open folder icon...that gives me the choice of accessing images from my photo library, take a photo or browse. I click Photo Library. That brings up the images I took. I simply click on the images [I can do 6 or 7 at a time] ...hit add at the upper right hand corner which takes me back to my ECIR photo album screen where i hit add again at the lower right hand corner. Once i click "add" it takes a minute or two for them to load but once they do, my ECIR photo album page opens and I can see the images I loaded.  If I click on the photo I added...it is already in jpg format. All I have to do is just hit the edit button and rename it (inside my album). Doing it this way means i don't have to format or "save" anything because it's going straight from my phone "photo library" to my album.
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio