Case History

Anette

I need " How to upload Case History for Dummies"! I have tried several times to upload one, had the info filled out and lost it! Today I even made an account so I could use the Microsoft Office for free thing to fill out the form and it won't or I don't know how to get the document there. I use Libra for other documents I make so Don't have Microsoft on the computer. I have an Ipad and tried doing it from there up to no avail,help please!
--
Anette P and Jaywalker
Boomer, NC

Anette,
Have you opened our Wiki to find and follow the Case History directions? The Wiki is located on the left side of this page, bottom item . Open that then proceed to Case History help.
--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA

Mouse Case History, Photo Album Deceased

Sherry Morse

Hi Annette,

Let's start with step 1 - knowing where your current case history is located on your device.  Do you know where the file is?

If yes - is the information in the file current or does it need to be updated?

If current - make a note of where the file is located and open your case history folder.  Click on the "+NewUpload" button and then click on "Upload file" in the drop down menu.  From there you will need to navigate to the file location on your device and upload.

I suspect from what you've written you do NOT have a current case history file on your device.  If that's the case you need to start from scratch and include both the old information from your case history as well as any updated information.  Once you have all the information entered into the document you need to save it as 'Horse's Name_Case History_Date completed', note where it's saved on your device and then save it as a PDF (either by going to File>Print>Print to PDF) or using an online file converter.

Once that's done you would then follow the steps outlined above to upload the PDF file to your case history folder.  If you run into a problem you need to let us know what stop in the process you are having an issue with.  If you need to download the pages form again you can go here to get it: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/Case%20History%20Tools/Case%20History%20Form.pages

debost@...

No kidding!  I find it impossibly complicated and difficult.  I've given up, at least temporarily.  This website is like a house that has been added to over the years and makes no sense as a unit.  Simplifying the instructions or starting over with the process of posting case studies would help a lot more people and horses.
--
Deborah Ostrofsky
Year of joining: 2021

Nancy C

Hi Deb

I'd like to point you again to the messages you have received to help you get started.  Not clear from previous communication you have seen them.

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/topic/83692247#265880

There is a lot of info in the four responses to your first "I need help" post that might help point you to get started. These messages include links to our Wiki and to the Case History subgroup. These are "rooms" off of our main discussion room. Bookmarking the pages helps to find them again if you get lost. You can also find them in the header of each page on the groups.io. so for example, go here to the groups discussion on the web and scroll to the header at the top of the page.  https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/266251

Like any software program, Groups.io takes getting used to how it operates, but with the help of ECIR volunteers and individual practice, the vast majority of folks find it can be done. Please let use know by posting here, where you are getting stuck.  Volunteers want to help you. We've not seen any more info form you other than this post and the link above, so please feel free to tell us a bit about your horse. It would be very helpful to know, at least, what device you are on.

Thanks in advance for helping us help you and your horse.
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference, August 13-15, ECIR Virtual Conference Room

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Anette,

If you mean LibreOffice you don't need Microsoft. When you save a document click on the drop down arrow on the "save as" line and you will see an option to save as Microsoft Word document.

Anette

Yes I have but will look again.
--
Anette P and Jaywalker
Boomer, NC
Sep.9 2018
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Anette%20and%20Jaywalker

Anette

Yes, I know where it is on my computer and actually found the one I made. I'm wanting to start new because I did not include results from a previous test. When you said to open my C.H folder that made me think of this, the C.H I'm trying to do is for a new horse so do I need another C.H folder? Maybe this is my problem or part of it. I have downloaded the form from the link you provided above and will try again to fill it out. Thank you!
--
Anette P and Jaywalker
Boomer, NC
Sep.9 2018
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Anette%20and%20Jaywalker

Annette I am in the same boat. Created my case history on my old Windows XP laptop. Got a new laptop with Windows 10 but no microsoft Word ....I updated it but can't upload it and can't edit it and load to PDF. I was considering also doing a free trial for Word or just sucking it up and paying for a year. But I too think I may have to redo my entire case history. I am overwhelmed by the changes on Windows 10 and lack of having access to what I had on the old computer. One of these days I just need to spend a rainy day and get it done. But I suspect I too will have issues again. Good luck!

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

--
Nancy and Akira
3/20/2018  Burkesville KY

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Nancy%20and%20Akira

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Download free LibreOffice. It's similar enough to microsoft word you should learn it quickly.  Send yourself the file in an e-mail from your old laptop. Save it to LibreOffice.  After updating, under the file tab you will have an option to save as .pdf.

Hi Anette,

For the new horse you have a few options:

1 - change the name of your current case history folder to include the new horse's name, create a folder for the new horse and then upload the new horse's case history to the new folder you've created.  You will then need to update your signature to include the new folder link for the new horse AND change the current CH link to reflect the folder name change.

2 - create a new folder for the new horse and follow the same uploading information you did for the current horse.  You will again need to update your signature for new horse's folder only.

Anette

Nancy Ciraldo, I somehow managed to finally open one of the saved C.H forms that I had downloaded in OfficeLibre and added the info I needed to and saved it (I hope). It was already in PDF form (I think). So now I need to upload it here. As Dr.K said OfficeLibre is similer to Microsoft Office and it was already on my computer.
--
Anette P and Jaywalker
Boomer, NC
Sep.9 2018
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Anette%20and%20Jaywalker

Anette

I remember making the signature originally but can't find where that is done now. I used the search box in the Wiki and files but got nothing.
--
Anette P and Jaywalker
Boomer, NC
Sep.9 2018
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Anette%20and%20Jaywalker

Trisha DePietro

Hi Anette. Here is a link to how to do ( or redo) your signature. I found this by looking to the left of the messages and clicking on the WIKI tab. Then there is a section right at the top that gives a link directly to how to set up your signature. It sounds like you want to add another link to your signature. and this is the spot to do so.

New Members Start Here

Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018
NH
Dolly and Hope's Case Histories
Dolly's Photos
Hope's Photos
Primary Responder

Excellent ...Thanks Dr K....never thought I'd be this deficient in the tech dept but alas....I have been dreading and clearly fallen behind on keeping my CH updated and pretty ashamed actually.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

--
Nancy and Akira
3/20/2018  Burkesville KY

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Nancy%20and%20Akira

Excellent....I downloaded the program and had already saved the PDF file to my new computer and do have the old Word document saved as well but just was never able to edit it so hopefully I can brainstorm this and get it taken care of instead of putting it off. I find Windows 10 to be not as user friendly as I once thought

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

--
Nancy and Akira
3/20/2018  Burkesville KY

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Nancy%20and%20Akira

Maxine McArthur

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 06:07 AM, Nancy Ciraldo wrote:
I have been dreading and clearly fallen behind on keeping my CH updated and pretty ashamed actually
Nancy, you are not alone! I need to set aside a few hours (or a weekend) to do mine too.

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response

Anette

Hi Trisha, I think I did it,thank you.
--
Anette P and Jaywalker
Boomer, NC
Sep.9 2018
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Anette%20and%20Jaywalker

Anette

Apparently I didn't :( I changed it and saved it,what else is there?
--
Anette and Superman (Jaywalker in heaven)
Boomer, NC
Sep.9 2018
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Anette%20and%20Jaywalker

Hi Anette,
Depending on what you were trying to do, I think it worked fine.  Your signature now includes Superman and the link goes to your case history folder, which contains a ch for Superman, so all is good there.  There is no link to photos but I’m guessing you might not have a photo album set up yet.

Looking at your case history, I noted that he is on Chastetree Berry as well as Prascend.  Recent research has shown that CTB might decrease the effectiveness of pergolide.  As his ATCH seems to be controlled by such a small amount of pergolide, I’m not sure it matters.  Just something to be aware of.

--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo