Update on Cadet, we made it to Washington, Lavinia please look at new radiographs


Eleanor Kellon, VMD
 

Yes.

--
Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com 
EC Owner 2001


riggslippert@...
 

Thank you Dr. Kellon!  Do you mean that I should recheck Cadet's Cornell results before I decide about increasing the pergolide dosage?
--
Aunna
October 2018
Island County, Washington, USA
Cadet Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Aunna%20and%20Cadet
Ruger Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Aunna%20and%20Ruger

Cadet Photo Album:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=84102




Eleanor Kellon, VMD
 

Aunna,

Take a deep breath and relax - you've earned it.  Give it about 2 weeks for acclimation before you repeat labs.
--
Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com 
EC Owner 2001


riggslippert@...
 

Hello,

Cadet gave me a scare by developing sore feet at the boarding barn during the 4 days that we were driving from Michigan to Washington.  I had a veterinarian check him for two days prior to his transport to be as sure as possible he was able to stand for his journey.  It took 17.5 hours and he and Ruger arrived in amazing shape, not dehydrated or sweaty, having eaten almost all the hay they were provided.  The transport company was excellent at providing updates on their progress.  Whew!

Since his arrival, he has been in a dry lot with Ruger, eating soaked hay (we're waiting on analysis).  I have not detected any lameness or increased pulses, but the lot is small enough all he can do is walk.  He'll be turned out on the track with a sealed muzzle for 2-3 hours at a time initially, until we can do more to manage the small amount of grass on it. 

Biochemical profile from early July showed normal triglycerides (64 mg/dL, RI 10-90 mg/dl) and liver enzymes.  Cornell laboratory results showed higher glucose (112 mg/dL, RI 71-122 mg/dL) and insulin (137.51 mIU//mL, RI 10-40 uIU/mL) than April, but excellent ACTH results (13.6 pg/mL, RI 2-35 pg/mL).  I was unsure whether to increase his pergolide in anticipation of the seasonal rise.  I will update his CH as soon as I have more consistent computer access.

I had new radiographs taken on 7/6/21, ten days after his most recent trim.  I would appreciate any comments on them prior to his next trim (with a new trimmer, very hard to find out here) on 7/26/21.

As always, I am so grateful for the support of Dr. Kellon, this group, and it's moderators.  I don't think I would have been able to bring Cadet out with us without their help.

--
Aunna
October 2018
Island County, Washington, USA
Cadet Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Aunna%20and%20Cadet
Ruger Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Aunna%20and%20Ruger

Cadet Photo Album:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=84102