Is it normal for glucose to rise upon starting Steglatro?

Sheri and Peaches

Is glucose (per urine strips) supposed to INCREASE with Steglatro?

Peaches started 1/4 dose of Steglatro (i.e., 7.5 mg) on Thursday and Friday.  Both days glucose was negative.  Saturday's morning's urine strip (today) showed a slight increase in glucose to "trace" (5 mmoL/L or 100 mg/dl).  This morning, I gave her 1/2 dose (i.e., 15 mg), but I'm worried about that increase in glucose.  Is this normal?  Next blood draws will be at 7 and 14 days after full dose.  Prescribing vet currently is out of town doing charity work.

Thank you for any insight you can share.

-----------------------
Peaches:  10yo APHA mare, 14.3H, 1,250 lbs.  Overweight and IR, but sound.
2021-06-22:
Insulin (High) 84 uU/mL (>50 = ID)
Glucose (Normal) 16 Pg/mL (70-120)
ACTH (Normal) 13 Pg/mL (<100)
-----------------------
Case history: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sheri%20and%20Peaches

2020-06-30 CBC results:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sheri%20and%20Peaches/CBC%20Bloodwork%20Results
Sheri and Peaches files: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sheri%20and%20Peaches
Photos:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=265813
Equi-Biome report:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sheri%20and%20Peaches/EquiBiome%20Report

--
Sheri P in IL 2021
Peaches Case History & files:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sheri%20and%20Peaches

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

The Steglatro is supposed to increase glucose in the urine. That's  how it works to decrease the burden on insulin to dispose of glucose.

Sheri and Peaches

Thank you!

--
Sheri P in IL 2021
Peaches Case History & files:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sheri%20and%20Peaches

LJ Friedman

When the medicine is working properly, shouldn’t the urine strip show the maximum amount of glucose?

Jesse( over the rainbow) and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos