Pet Health Merge- Owner MUST take action for RX

Candice Piraino

Hello everyone!

Please please please learn from my experience and contact Pet Health today and ensure your prescriptions are transferred over, have the correct formula and they have your RX on autoship (if you prefer) and your current payment information.

I took note that my horse Shark only has 3 days left of pergolide and realized I never received a shipping confirmation for his new monthly RX. I went back to reread the email I was sent from Pet Health, stating no action was required if everything would stay the same. Then further down in the email it said I would be contacted by a technician who would input my payment information since that would not transfer over when companies would merge. Well, I was never contacted. I called today and they have no record of my payment, were not going to ship my RX because somehow my autoships had disappeared as well ( I have had autoship for 2 years now) with the new merge, and my gelding's dosage is going to be a first for them (3mg), so they need extra time on that formula :/ plus shipping USPS across country.

So take my advice and if you have pergolide from Pet Health- CALL THEM TODAY and confirm your RX, so you will not be without, like I will be!

Good luck and I hope this helps someone and their horses.

Besides this huge hiccup, I have been very happy with the company and hope this is the only issue that will occur.
--

Candice Piraino

Primary Response Team

September 2018, Summerfield, FL

Shark's Case History

Shark's Photo Album

PHCP Barefoot Trimmer @www.arkhavenfarm.com

Erica Reimers

Thank you for the heads up Candice! Thankfully my vet allowed a 90 day prescription after our retest in July with normal Acth, glucose, and Insulin! (I cried happy tears when I heard his numbers knowing that our changes should hopefully prevent another bout of laminitis for my 25 year old).
I haven't received any letters from the pharmacy about the change in ownership/merger like a lot of others have. I will make note to call them and make sure my horse's prescription is on file as my vet authorized 2 refills when I placed my most recent order in July. He's on 5.25 mg of pergolide mesylate(4mg of name brand prascend) so I will also make sure that is a level they carry so it is not a problem when I go to refill.

I will try to remember to send an update email with my findings about that dosage level as I know several others in this group need higher levels. I will also do my best to ask about pricing to see if there are any increases in that as well and will include that in my update.

On Fri, Sep 10, 2021, 10:40 PM Candice Piraino <Candicepiraino@...> wrote:
[...]

Erica H CA 2021