Vinnie and Invokana update 9/2021

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Hey all, just wanted to send a quick update.  We have been working very hard getting Vinnie metabolically controlled. He finally came back positive for PPID and seasonal rise made us have to react quickly.

Super positive lab results this week!!!
Cornell
Acth 20.0
Insulin 29.68
Glucose 97
TG 188

He is getting 1.8mg CP, 175mg invokana daily.

We are making some dietary adjustments workijg with Dr Kellon to get him to eat more of his beet pulp to get those trygliceridesa little closer to normal.

He is doing fantastic!! We are walking about 20 mins per day, split in 2 sessions and he is offering trot and lots of silliness!  Check out this boy!!!

https://youtu.be/GqSop7RomC0

Loads of special thanks to Dr Kellon.  Vinnie would not be here without your guidance!!

Ps I need to update by CH but there is a comprehensive spreadsheet of the diet plus labs in my CH folder if you want to see that comparison.

Fondly, Nan
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca
Joined Nov 2018

Summer

Bobbie Day

Oh my gosh Nancy !
I just luv me some Vinnie, he makes me sooooo happy 😊
Just shows what love, diet and all the other pieces come together.
You never gave up on him, and he knows it.
♥️♥️♥️♥️
Bobbie

--
Bobbie and Desi (over the rainbow bridge 7/21)
Utah, Nov 2019

TERRI JENNINGS

Yay Vinnie!
I follow his case closely. Vinnie and you have helped me prevent some issues with my boys.

I’m so happy for you both!

--
Terri Jennings with Teeny, Finn and Elliott
Arcata, CA

Sherry Morse

So glad to see him happy!

Lynn

Nancy!
This is so wonderful! He looks fantastic! With your determination and persistence, you have certainly helped to pave the way with some answers for others that may deal with these particular issues. Yay team Nancy and Vinnie!
--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

One more video update. Tonight Vinnie was quite determined that it was all about him and to not let me lunge Summer :) lol

https://youtu.be/7XDM-OvW_GY

--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca

Summer

Bobbie Day

Oh Nancy how I luv me some Vinnie!
So happy for you both that all your hard work and dedication has done so much for him, and as usual a wonderful example of how these horses can come back. I would encourage any members that get discouraged to follow Vinnie’s journey ❤️

--
Bobbie and Desi (over the rainbow bridge 7/21)
Utah, Nov 2018

Patti SoCal 2020

They both look great!

--
Patti
SoCal 2020

hdavis

Fabulous update!!! So wonderful thanks merry him
doing so well! Great work on getting him under control and feeling so good!  Happy Dance!!!
--
Heather
August 5, 2017, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

Riosa

Storm

Case History

Joy V

Oh my goodness, he looks AMAZING Nancy!  <3

--
Joy and Willie (EC/IR)
Nevada County, CA - 2019