Does Tendon EQ have enough JHerb for Ringbone Pain?

Laura and Pabatsa in CA

Hi Dr. Kellon,

If you remember, you suggested I put Pabatsa on Tendon EQ. He's has been getting fed 1 scoop/day along with Spirulina for allergies. He came up slightly lame on his LF were he has ringbone while trotting to the left (he's toed-in on that foot). My vet drew blood yesterday for IRAP. He suggested IRAP followed with Adequan loading dose then monthly. What are your thoughts on this and do you have suggestions for another treatment plan as well as pain relief for him?

Thank you for helping him!
--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Jiaogulan isn't an arthritis treatment. I would follow your vet's plan.

Laura and Pabatsa in CA

I thought it was used for pain relief. That’s what I want for P because I know NSAIDS are not the way to go for pain.

--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012
Case History https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20a nd%20Pabatsa ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20and%20Pabatsa )
Pabatsa's Photos https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 )

Sherry Morse

Hi Laura,

J-herb is used as an adpatogen and for help with the immune system and can help with increasing the rate of hoof growth.  We've never mentioned using it for pain relief here that I can recall.  That role is filled by Mov-Ease, Phyto-quench and Devil's Claw among others.

Laura and Pabatsa in CA

Thanks so much Sherry!

I'm behind the times with all of this because P has been in good health for the most part...now he's not so I need to play catch up. Of the three products you mention, do you have a preference for him?

--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012
Case History https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20a nd%20Pabatsa ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20and%20Pabatsa )
Pabatsa's Photos https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 )

Sherry Morse

Hi Laura,

My suggestion would be pick one and see if it works for him.  If it does stick with it.  If you don't notice a change within a month (or however long it should be before there's a noticeable change) go on to something else.  Every horse is different and what works for one may not work with another.