lidocaine patches/voltaren for arthritis pain

Joy V

Hi Trisha,

I used Voltaren gel on my horse's hocks last winter and it worked well without clipping, although his hocks are not really *that* hairy at any time of year.  I did find that the gel irritated his skin once it got warmer so I discontinued use then.

--
Joy and Willie (EC/IR)
Nevada County, CA - 2019

Trisha DePietro

Hi all. for those of you who used lidocaine patches or voltaren gel for your horses- was it necessary to clip the hairs short so that the medication made skin contact? or did you find it worked without clipping? thanks. Trisha
--
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018