dairy one reports

Daisy Shepherd

the results from equianalytical , shows results in %  or ppm,  where do i find if that is on ok  amount; is there not a high to low range just to give me added info.  i am soon to buy my 4th hay for this year, all from different farms, all within about 20 miles of each growing area.  i want to do what is best for my tiko but the travel cost, testing, paying to have delivered ( this season hay delivered about 65# small bales cost up to  $14 per bale ) balancing, changing supplements with each hay is getting above what i can afford.  our storage is limited and the farms for the most part do not store so we must take when we buy;  cannot wait until we need hay with winter approaching as there may be none available.  sorry to sound like i am whining  just worried.  any thoughts appreciated.  daisy, tiko, whisper
Daisy, Tiko and Whisper
CO, April 2019
Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Daisy%20and%20Tiko
Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=90099&p=Name,,,20,2,0,0

Sherry Morse

Hi Daisy,

If you want a general opinion from the group you'll need to post a PDF of the actual report in your case history folder.

Katherine Reid

Daisy, no advice from me on the results, but just wanted to add a note of sympathy.  That sounds challenging!!  I was getting hay here from a grower who tested, but after the first cutting the hay was pretty crappy, the horses didn’t like it AND the sulfur was so high.  I found a much better quality hay but I have to test it myself and he only delivers in relatively small batches, also the hay is more expensive (but worth it!).  And luckily, they are very heavy bales, over 100#.  Anyway, just wanted to say…I can sure relate, although, your situation sounds much more challenging.  Good luck!  Can really recommend Dr. Kellon’s NRC Plus course, it’s so helpful in understanding hay tests and balancing!  Maybe this winter when you have a lot of time on your hands (ha ha)

Katie
Tonka, Diamonds & Heidi (mini)
California, 2004

Daisy Shepherd

Thank you Katie. I have taken the nrc course, guess I need to find and see if I can find the info I need. Thank you so much.  Daisy, tiko, whisper

Daisy, Tiko and Whisper
CO, April 2019
Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Daisy%20and%20Tiko
Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=90099&p=Name,,,20,2,0,0

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Daisy,

Every item on the results has an OK range and every one of those ranges is different. It also matters how various items relate to one another. We need to see the actual analysis to be able to give you an answer.

Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR