Iron

Thurstonjs@...

Hello all,

If there is Iron in hay, I assume it would be listed as Iron on the hay analysis? If it does not contain Iron, and I feed a balancer (California Trace) that does not contain Iron, am I to supplement at all? We have a water softener system/whole house filter for all water which includes to the barn. Thank you.
--
Jackie Thurston
Suffolk, VA 2021

ALL hay contains iron. It's an essential nutrient for the plant. If you don't see it on the hay analysis you probably didn't ask for trace minerals.

Thurstonjs@...

Thank you!  Great to know! The analysis came from the hay dealer I get my hay from.