Cabergoline

Laura Sager

To anyone on here successfully using Cabergoline from a compounding pharmacy,...Can you tell me what pharmacy you use and what the cost is.  Thanks.
Laura L, NY 2021

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

The only source for cabergoline was BET labs in KY but I don't see it on their web site anymore. You could try calling https://betlabs.com/ .

Erica Reimers <Ereimers90@...>

Hi Laura,

I use compounded pergolide, but had previously looked into cabergoline. I found that it would be more expensive to use the cabergoline to manage my cushings gelding.
It's on the Bet Labs pharmacy website. Please see the link below. If the link doesn't work, then search "cabergoline bet labs" on your internets search engine. It's $250 for a 5ml bottle.

--
Erica H CA 2021

Johnson, Cathy

We have been using Cabergoline on our horse Red for several years.  It is expensive, but no matter what we tried we couldn't get him to consume pergolide.  As far as I know, the injectable form can only be bought from BET Pharmacy in Kentucky.  We pay $500 for 10 mls of fluid, plus $25 for shipping.  We give him 1 ml every 2 weeks which keeps his PPID well under control.  Every horse is different so you might need more or less for your horse.  I am not sure if you can get the pill form of Cabergoline from a compounding pharmacy, but I believe that the pill form needs to be given daily.  There has been information on the list serve regarding the pill form when BET had problems last year getting the drug to make their injectable.
--
Cathy Johnson

Red

Roy, WA