bloodwork questions

Griffin Keller

This is mainly in regards to Sully with his PPID diagnosis.
I did the full EMS panel from Cornell plus TRH Stim in April.
Started Prascend 4/21.
Going to redo the TRH Stim end of this month for the study ... do I need to redo glucose or insulin then too? (calling to set this up so want to make sure I have it all)

Then going forward - when do I recheck and what? only ACTH later, every spring or do I need to check his fall rise?

Thanks!

--
- Griffin

Jan 2018, Charlottesville, VA

Sully Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Griffin%20and%20Sully

Sully Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=274313

Prophecy Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Griffin%20and%20Prophecy

Prophecy Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=17115

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

The glucose and insulin are optional but I would do at least insulin. As for monitoring, if you check just ACTH do it in September. I think you should be able to monitor him well with symptoms since his are so obvious - lethargy, eye bulges, muscle loss, stifle lameness that is likely ligamentous, increased thirst and urination, coat.

Griffin Keller

Thanks...
RE: stifle lameness  - any rec treatment options I should discuss with my vet? I am being told it is generally not a positive outcome for him in regards to returning to riding at all :(  We've only had x-rays of the worst side; ultrasound has been discussed as a 'maybe' to see if there are any tears.
I've been operating in the manner as the first step is getting the PPID part in control and getting him feeling better before I pursue too much more in diagnostics.

--
- Griffin

Jan 2018, Charlottesville, VA

Sully Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Griffin%20and%20Sully

Sully Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=274313

Prophecy Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Griffin%20and%20Prophecy

Prophecy Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=17115

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Griffin,

You definitely need the PPID under tight control first. From there, without all the diagnostics it's hard to say anything but it's always a long rehab process. I would put him on Tendon EQ https://uckele.com/tendon-eq.html .