Best Time to Retest ACTH for Seasonal Rise, recent change in diet to TBC

Stacey Smith-Bohn

Thank you Dr. Kellon, I'll give it a try.  I hope he is over the worst of it, he was very unhappy losing his overnight hay bag!  He clearly loves the TBCs.
--
Stacey Smith-Bohn, New Jersey, 2021
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Stacey%20and%20Terry

That sounds good and to get him to  stop chewing buy a product call Rap Last, just be VERY careful when using it - gloves, mask, ventilation.

Stacey Smith-Bohn

Thank you Doctor Kellon, I have some more questions.  By the second week of August I will need to find a way to reduce Terry to 3 feedings a day due to my work schedule.  Will be able to feed 5:00 am, about 3:30-4:00 pm plus before bedtime about 9:00pm.  I am thinking about replacing the lunch meal with a 5lb. Bag of soaked Timothy which he would have available after his breakfast when he is turned out in a dry lot until I get home???  As it is now, he has been chewing up his stall without a slow feed hay bag over night which is an 8-9 hour stretch between meals.  I just coated a lot of his stall with hot sauce and duct tape to try and stop the destruction.  Looking for suggestions on how to make it work.  His official start of the 1 month no hay trial started June 30th.
--
Stacey Smith-Bohn, New Jersey, 2021
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Stacey%20and%20Terry

Your timing sounds  good to me and retest him mid to late August.

Stacey Smith-Bohn

Wondering when the best time to test to see if Prascend needs to be increased for seasonal rise?  Terry was last tested on May 13, 2022 with 17.3 pg/mL.  By his appearance alone, I don't currently have concerns that his medication needs adjusting.  Last year we tested July 13th and ACTH was 26.2 and this group advised me to increase dosage.  As per Dr. Kellon, we have just switched him to all Timothy Balance Cubes and have added Absorb All to his diet (sorry case history does not reflect this yet) for at least a month trial to try to increase absorption/processing of his food.  With this change, what time of day would be best to draw blood?  He is being feed 4 servings a day of Timothy Balance Cubes so I was thinking sometime after the second serving which is usually between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm so I was thinking after 1:00 pm may be good as long as I don't give him any beet pulp and supplements with the second serving of TBC????  Would it be alright to give him the Absorb All with the TBC for that serving?