My last refill was $160.95 for 60 days ($2.68/day.) I only want the capsules as liquids and melts did not hold their strength. Thank you in advance for suggestions.
--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

I would still call the pharmacy at Chewy and see if they can accommodate you.

LJ Friedman

If Chewy. is  not  able to get your dosage, you can also ship to a friend in a different state and have them shipped to you?   Additionally if you’re really struggling you could ship to one of those UPS stores in a good state and then they ship to you.

Jesse( over the rainbow) and majestic ‘s Case History
Jesse's Photos

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

LJ,

I'm not a lawyer but that kind of interstate commerce could be illegal. The worst case scenario with Chewy would be she has to open more than one capsule.

Nancy C

Totally agree with illegality, Dr Kellon.

Deb, I'm using MixLab and have been happy with them. Pricing will need to be checked.
--
Nancy C in NH

I also use Mixlab and have been happy with them.  I was a Pet Health Pharmacy customer and had planned to move on to Avrio but they aren’t licensed for Vermont either.  So far, it has worked out well.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

Deb Walker

Thank you everyone. I have appointments tomorrow, so hopefully can start making inquiries the next day at the latest.

If I am understanding Chewy's pricing, they are listing the price per pill - correct?

Since they don't have Scotty's 6.2mg - I was wondering about purchasing a 4mg and a 2.5mg - which obviously ups the cost, coming out to $3.11/day - 30 day supply. But as Dr. Kellon suggested, it is definitely worth while to inquire about a 6.2 (or 6.5mg) and see if that changes the pricing per day.

My last price from Avrio was $2.68 day...so that is quite a price increase and they were already higher than Pet Health.

I guess it will come down to who can give me the best price per day.

--
Deb and Scotty I/R, PPID
Pecatonica Illinois, May 13, 2019
Case History:
Photos:

Megan Vogel

I was hit with the same problem at the end of May. Being in Northern VA, I have several options to ship to and then pick up. Avrio is not available in WV, VA, MD, or Washington DC. I had my mare rechecked for the year, and we sent the 3mg prescription to Wedgewood. I was floored at the price. For 30 days of 3 mg Pergolide it was $108, Avrio had been $46 for 2.5mg,  Chewy is around $50 for 3 mg. While speaking with the Wedgewood lady, I told her I had never paid so much for pergolide even with my old gelding who had been on 6 mg.

We will be switching to Chewy next month. It isn’t that I would not spend the money, just when I know it shouldn’t be that high, makes me really annoyed about the feeling of being ripped off.

Megan
Frederick, MD 2003

Deb Walker

Megan - Thank you for that heads up.