Mad Barn individually packaged ingredient question

hdavis

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Cass is correct. It's not so much the level of sugar or starch as how much of it you are feeding. 4 grams is going to be less than a teaspoon.  That's not an issue.

Heather, 4 grams is minuscule. Your horse should be fine.

BTW we moderators at ECIR don’t often use the quote function replying to messages on the forum. Why? It hides the automatic signature for one. And it makes Digests very long. This is not criticism of any members. We know that each forum has its own practices and etiquette. At ECIR we *try* to keep things brief and to the point because of the high number of posts. In long threads we can usually avoid the need to quote by a simple salutation with the name of the person we’re answering.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator

hdavis

Thanks so much. I searched the product names and not the ingredients… silly me!

The biotin was added to begin with for my IR horses custom mineral so I would hope MB would know if it would be too high in starch for her.  Is anyone else getting the biotin added to their custom mineral blend at Mad Barn?

The individual packaged product states for Biotin

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS PER 4 GRAMS:
Biotin: 20 mg
EXCIPIENT INGREDIENTS:
Distillers grain, wheat midds

She would only be getting I scoop - 4 grams.

The zinc:copper states:
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS PER 6 GRAMS:
Zinc: 300 milligrams
Copper: 100 milligrams
EXCIPIENT INGREDIENTS:
Distillers grain

She would be getting 1  1/3 scoops.

So I’m thinking the amounts should be under the required levels?

Best wishes,
Heather Davis