case history help

Cassandra Reid

-- Thank you Lavinia!
Cassandra in NM 2022

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Cassandra,

As Sherry mentioned, there is no further calculation for leptin. If it was tested, you just use the lab reference ranges and enter everything into the appropriate place on the case history form.You aren't missing anything.

The fat-derived hormone, leptin, is usually abnormally elevated in insulin resistance. However, there are many other things that can lower or increase leptin — age, weight, sudden changes in nutrient requirements such as foaling, starting an exercise program, differences between breeds, so ECIR no longer recommends routine testing for this hormone.

Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR

Cassandra Reid

-- Hi Sherry,
Thanks for your reply.  I have already entered the leptin result further up in the chart where requested.  I guess I will just enter it again in the IR calculator section.  Seems like I'm missing something here...
Cassandra in NM 2022

Sherry Morse

Edited

Leptin is a test run as part of your bloodwork.  There is no calculation for it.

Cassandra Reid

Hi I'm looking for the Leptin calculation to put in the calculator section of my case history.  I think I saw it somewhere on the ECIR site before but can't find it now.  The EMS calculator only has G:I, Risqi, MIRG as far as I can see.
Thanks!
--
Cassandra in NM 2022