From: sentto-376841-0-lmdavis=wa.freei.net@...
[mailto:sentto-376841-0-lmdavis=wa.freei.net@...]On
Behalf Of EquineCushings@...
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2000 2:40 AM
To: EquineCushings@...
Subject: [EquineCushings] Digest Number 0

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. Rates as low as 2.9 percent
Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards
credit you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/EquineCushings

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in today's digest:

1. Re introduction
From: yellowhorse98@...

___
___

Message: 1
Date: 11 Feb 2000 05:35:51 -0000
From: yellowhorse98@...
Subject: Re introduction

I've met you both already and thanks Robin for initiating this. I e-mailed
a vet in Va. Joyce Harman, who has some products listed in the A-B-C
catalogue and she will do a consultation on my mare when I move. The funny
thing is she was my horses fisrt vet. She had just gotten out of vet school
and was doing a residency at the clinic that took care of the barn horses.
From what she says she is an holistic vet and uses many diffrent modalities.
I'll let you know what she has to say. It won't be for another month
probably. I

___
___

Linda

ABC has some natural and holistic supplements, they
have a cushings supplement that they did a 2 year
study on, I was going to participate in the study by
my vet at the time wouldn't co-operate. I haven't put
my horse on the supplement because I have not been
able to look at the results of their study. Joyce
Harman the vet I was talking about advertises a
chemical free grain mix in the catalogue. The web
site is www.a-b-c-plus.com. I also think meadowsweet
herbs was working on a cushings supplement. I am
reluctant to use anything that I can't read the
research on. I am thinking of going to the Harman
feed with added vitamins to cut down on the glucose
and additives in my horses diet. It is difficult for
me to control her feed program now as I have my horses
boarded but I'm hoping to be able to move where I can
have them at home and be able to control things
better. My horse has been doing ok since I took her
off purina senior sweet feed and feed her a pelletted
feed 3 times a day. She was pretty sad last year but
today in fact I was thinking she looks much better,
I've been riding her and we practiced a 1st level
quadrille today since one of the team members couldn't
make the practice, me and my horse filled in. She's
around 30ish.
Linda

--- Carla Davis <lmdavis@...> wrote:
What is the A-B-C catalog? I thought I got every
catalog known to the horse
world. I don't have that one. If it pertains to
treating my dear cushings
friend I'm interested.
Thanks

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. Rates as
low as 2.9 percent
Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance
transfers, Rewards
credit you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard
Visa at
http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/NextcardCreative2
">Click Here</a>

From: yellowhorse98@...

___
___

Message: 1
Date: 11 Feb 2000 05:35:51 -0000
From: yellowhorse98@...

I've met you both already and thanks Robin for
initiating this. I e-mailed
a vet in Va. Joyce Harman, who has some products
listed in the A-B-C
catalogue and she will do a consultation on my mare
when I move. The funny
thing is she was my horses fisrt vet. She had just
gotten out of vet school
and was doing a residency at the clinic that took
care of the barn horses.
From what she says she is an holistic vet and uses
many diffrent modalities.
I'll let you know what she has to say. It won't be
for another month
probably. I

http://im.yahoo.com

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 03:03 pm, Linda <yellowhorse98@...> wrote:

www.a-b-c-plus.com.

As with any feed, be completely aware of just what it is you are putting into your horse. Organic oats will blow the feet off an IR/Cushing's horse just as effectively as non-organic oats. Being organic is not a magic bullet.A safe bagged feed is one that is guaranteed to have less than 10% ESC plus starch, less than 4 or 5% fat, and starch component less than 4.5%. It doesn't matter what buzz-words or warm and fuzzy statements are on the bag, if the feed doesn't meet those parameters, it will be detrimental to the IR horse.

For Cushings, pergolide is the gold standard and only effective medication. Cushing's support is best provided by giving minerals balanced to the forage the horse is eating; replacing the vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acids that are destroyed in hay curing; and using proven supplementation to aid in repairing laminitis damage (jiaogulan, Alcar, spirulina, chondroitin and so on). Below are some links to information about this; and very soon Dr. Kellon's presentation on ancillary supplements for laminitic and metabolic horses, given at the NO Laminitis! Conference in November, will be published and freely available to all. (Thank you, Dr. Kellon, for this and other important information!) Correct diet is the cornerstone of a functioning immune system.

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/Acetyl-L-Carnitine

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/Spirulina

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/Pain%20Medication%20and%20Alternatives/Jiaogulan,%20Nitric%20Oxide%20Support,%20AAKG%20and%20Supps

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/Herbs%20and%20Homeopathy