Topics

Andersen Feed not in Pelham Tractor Supply again

Irene Collins-Fotino

Hi all,

Well after coming to an agreement with the local Tractor Supply store to order and hold 10 bags
of NuZu for Logan, they have once again "misplaced" five bags of his feed. He has 2 or 3 days
of Stabul 1 left and I am furious and so tired of having to deal with Tractor Supply and worried that my
horse will at some time be without feed. The district manager assured me that we would not be in this
position, yet here we are. How incompetent can people be?? I am going to email Randy
and try to get in touch with Tractor Supply corporate. The district manager is not returning my
calls.
Our barn owner has recently moved all horses to Nutrena ProElite Starch Wise and thinks that it is a great product
but I am wary of switching. Since Stabul 1 was developed for horses with Cushings I would like to
stick with that product. Logan is doing well with his Stabul 1 beet pulp and OTDC. I will check the listing of
Safe Feeds but would also like the opinions of other members.

Thoughts anyone!

Irene & Logan
NRC 2009
Hudson, NH

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Irene%20&%20Logan

celestinefarm

Irene,
Stabul 1 is available on Chewy.com for delivery to your home.
Do not switch your horse to Pro Elite. The sugar and starch content of all of Pro Elite's formulas is high, well over the 10% recommended here. They also add iron to all their formulas. It is the rebranded and reformulated Progressive Feeds line, which was sold to Nutrena some years ago, and is no longer independently formulated.

You can order individual bags of Stabul 1 at Chewy.com or you can subscribe for regular shipments and get a discount.

-- https://www.chewy.com/s?query=Stabul%201&nav-submit-button=

Dawn Wagstaff and Tipperary

Saline, MI  2003

Tipperary Case History

celestinefarm

Here is the guaranteed analysis for Pro Elite Starch Wise.  Note it says Max under Starch, but if all the bags run 10.5% , that is way too much for virtually all IR horses.
The feed is promoted to be targeted for mature show and performance horses.

https://proelitehorsefeed.com/product/starch-wise/

--
Dawn Wagstaff and Tipperary

Saline, MI  2003

Tipperary Case History

Kim Rice

Hi,
I talked with Randy yesterday to order my Stabul1 pellets for Shomee as I get it shipped to me directly from NuZu.

He has been busy filling orders for all the Zoos but will be working for all of us that need their products.
--
Kim R, Lafayette, CA  2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Shomee

Irene Collins-Fotino

Hi all,

I spoke to Randy as well. I also spoke to the district manager of TSC in our area. The district manager had been told by HIS
manager that the relationship with Andersen Feed had been terminated. Talk about false information. So I asked the district
manager to call Randy directly and the DM now understands that Stabul 1 can now be ordered for the Pelham store.

Dawn - The cost of Stabul 1 on Chewy is double what I am paying now at TSC. I would love to order through TSC, but not at
that price.

Kim - I asked Randy if he could ship directly to me and he said that freight cost would make that cost prohibitive. How does your
arrangement with Randy work? If the feed could be sent to me directly, that would solve alot of problems!

Thanks all for your thoughts! Stay safe & health  :-)

--
Irene & Logan
NRC 2009
Hudson, NH

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Irene%20&%20Logan

celestinefarm

Irene,
The last bags I bought at TSC a year or so ago of Stabul 1 were priced at $28 per bag. I don't know how TSC is selling you Stabul 1 at $18 a bag, (half of what Chewy is charging and if you buy $49 of product , shipping is free) . Randy sells 20# bags of Stabul 1 on his website with free shipping @ $28.75 , which comes out to almost $70 for 50#.
I believe what you are saying has been happening in the past, but I also think TSC has a history of individual stores being really screwed up regarding ordering , pricing, etc. and you might want to be prepared for sticker shock if they order in Stabul 1 for you.
Many of us, myself included, have had conversations with Randy regarding availability of Stabul 1. We've learned a lot about distribution in the horse feed business and shipping. Shipping even one pallet of feed is extremely costly.  Shipping half a dozen bags is beyond cost prohibitive. For example, I pay $21 a bag to ship Speedi Beet from a dealer in Massachusettes because there are no dealers in Michigan and the closest dealer in Ohio is east of Cleveland.  I justify it because I use so very little and I've had experienced several bags of general beet pulp be full of sand and an absolute mess to soak clean. The shipping costs are what they are.
Randy had gone above and beyond what most feed producers would do to try to get product available to everyone that wants it. The distribution and shipping is the hitch.