APF dose for acute laminits

Lesley Bludworth

Hello,
what is the suggested daily dose of APF with very high insulin and severe laminits?
8 ml for 1000 pound horse?
My friend is going to give me some until mine arrives and wants to know how much to dole out
Thank you!

--
Lesley Bludworth
Phoenix, AZ

Kirsten Rasmussen

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/270384

It may not help with laminitis pain but it won't hurt to try.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Lesley, adaptogens can be terrific for horses dealing with stresses. I've dosed the maximum APF twice a day on occasion. I just want to make sure you don't think APF will control insulin. I've seen no evidence at all that it will do that.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator

Lesley Bludworth

Thanks Cass,
Yes, she is going on pergolide but before that stopped eating.
She is stressed due to pain I'm sure.