Apple Cider Vinegar - was Re: Urgent Advice Required (Part II)

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

In humans, vastly different from horses, ACV may lower blood sugar but not insulin. We need insulin lowering. Furthermore, the active component in ACV is acetate which is also the major fermentation in the horse's hind gut and in quantities that are huge compared to what would be coming from the ACV.

It could improve the bioavailability of magnesium and calcium supplements. Soak them in it before feeding. ACV could also improve protein digestion in older horses if they have insufficient acid production although we don't know one way or the other if that happens in horses.